Thread: Mugen Souls Impression - Run to the Sun 2012

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar

Mugen Souls Impression - Run to the Sun 2012

Few games can come close to matching the kind of insanity one will find buried deep within Mugen Souls. If you thought Hyperdimension Neptunia was crazy, take a look at this.

Read our impressions here.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Disgaea-ish beginning? Insane inner gameplay? I already like this.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

oh man i can tell by that article that the game represents everything i've hated about the current trend of jrpgs, specifically the ones coming out of the Compile Hearts/Gust/Nis machine. The cute underage girls with no personality thing just gets on my nerves. And saying the battle system is going to be similiar to MKII doesn't help the gameplay side of things much either. :/

Though i hope people interested in this have fun. Just a shame a cool name like Mugen Souls is being wasted on this. lol
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Quote Originally Posted by Ryumoau View Post
    oh man i can tell by that article that the game represents everything i've hated about the current trend of jrpgs, specifically the ones coming out of the Compile Hearts/Gust/Nis machine. The cute underage girls with no personality thing just gets on my nerves. And saying the battle system is going to be similiar to MKII doesn't help the gameplay side of things much either. :/

Though i hope people interested in this have fun. Just a shame a cool name like Mugen Souls is being wasted on this. lol
    I'm kind of with you on this. I love turn based RPGs and to see a new one coming out for a modern console is GREAT. I just wish it wasn't so... cutesy maybe is the word? Neptunia 2 is on my list of future purchases, so how much I enjoy that will probably determine whether or not I take a harder look at this one...

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
    I'm kind of with you on this. I love turn based RPGs and to see a new one coming out for a modern console is GREAT. I just wish it wasn't so... cutesy maybe is the word? Neptunia 2 is on my list of future purchases, so how much I enjoy that will probably determine whether or not I take a harder look at this one...
    If you don't like cutesy characters, don't play Compile Hearts games. That's what they do.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    If you don't like cutesy characters, don't play Compile Hearts games. That's what they do.
    I don't like them. But it's not a dealbreaker if I like the other elements of the game. If its a good turn based game.... I can handle the cutesy to an extent. It might even be refreshing, but I doubt that. I guess the real question is, are they good games underneath the silliness?

i'm a little more interested than I was. It comes out at the same time as borderlands 2 though....so which would I want to play more?

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    I was already kind of interested but now I'm very interested. This is going to be freaking fun!
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Not day one for me but I might get it. I kinda enjoyed mk2 despite it's many faults.

I'm in some doldrums, and olympicced out, I could use some OTT Jap craziness. Hmmn, know I wil watch the persona 4 anime! The art syle doesn't bother me, doesn't get me hyped, the character interaction, humour and novelty factors are more important.

"It isn’t a good anime unless it involves
    over the top violence as a result of excruciating and
    acute embarrassment which started because of
    forbidden subjects"

Hey zoltan add me on psn