Thread: Ragnarok Tactics Impression - Run to the Sun 2012

Ragnarok Tactics Impression - Run to the Sun 2012

Aksys Games has a new tactical RPG on the horizon and it has an experienced team behind it. That's all well and good, but is the game actually fun?

Impression
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Sounds like it IS fun. I'll be sure to nab this when it comes out.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Sounds like something I would enjoy. I was kind of on the fence, but it seems like it would be the type of game that draws me in.

Hooray for PSN release. Makes it easier to get when you live in europe.
    I hope Sony gives enough money from their PSN-Sales to the right guys ...I get all my SRPG Fix on PSP on PSN lately...Gugnir, Growlanser, this, VC2, TO FFT WoTL...
    Now they should make US-PSN-Prepaid cards easier/cheaper to get over here :-)

Like the art direction....back then I was on the fence about playing the mmo-game...but mmo takes a lot of commitment...a srpg on a mobile on the other hand....nearly insta-buy...

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    *Fumbles through pockets* hmm... money money money... time time time... guild wars 2, baldur's gate, now Ragnarock Tactics... oh my!

Love Flightplan and this game sounds great (especially all the weird classes). Can't wait.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

Even though it might end up costing more, I'm after quality offline game experiences, I've really gone off MMO's. This one, to a fan of Fire emblem, super robot wars, final fantasy tactics, ogre battle tacs, is a must buy. I'm currently exploring the best way to acquire all of the playstation games I've missed -_- like Jeanne D'arc. I am some way through completing pokemon conquest sidequests, but to be honest, it's out of extreme boredom as it felt like a very average turn based strategy game.The question is, buy a PsP or Vita, my brother has an old PS2 I wonder if that has access to playstation network.

Hmmn decided I'm going to buy a second hand PSP as affordably as I can.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-09-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: update

Sounds good, I will probably get this.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Even though it might end up costing more, I'm after quality offline game experiences, I've really gone off MMO's. This one, to a fan of Fire emblem, super robot wars, final fantasy tactics, ogre battle tacs, is a must buy. I'm currently exploring the best way to acquire all of the playstation games I've missed -_- like Jeanne D'arc. I am some way through completing pokemon conquest sidequests, but to be honest, it's out of extreme boredom as it felt like a very average turn based strategy game.The question is, buy a PsP or Vita, my brother has an old PS2 I wonder if that has access to playstation network.

Hmmn decided I'm going to buy a second hand PSP as affordably as I can.
    The sidequsts in pokemon conquest are actually a lot more enjoyable than the main game... and can be very time consuming. You would probably enjoy doing a couple as a pass time. Too many could get repetitive though.

I'll probably pick this up. Can't have enough srpgs, I say.