Thread: SOEmote Makes Everquest II More Expressive

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

SOEmote Makes Everquest II More Expressive

SOE has decided to let us share our favourite funny faces with the world in its SOEmote update to Everquest II. That's right, now your barbarian warrior can smoulder with specific rage.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

How bizarre. At first I figured... how often will you actually even see someone's face in-game anyway, but apparently they'll do little boxes with party portraits in them. So, I guess they thought of that.

I played EQ2 once upon a time, but I didn't like that all the unique areas and cities for the races had been ditched in favor of some Freeport vs. Qeynos plot. Supposedly that's changed. I don't use a webcam though, and I figure I'm probably better off for not getting involved in MMORPGs again.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    The party face boxes are gloriously reminiscent of Might & Magic VII's goofy floating, emotive heads. That alone makes the feature for me. I mean, I don't have a webcam or any interest in playing EverQuest II, but I love that it's an MMO feature that focuses on human connection and role-playing.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Yeah, it's definitely a move in the right direction, just not on a game I want to play. Hopefully they keep the tech and apply it to other games.

This is a surprise, and actually really cool to my sensibilities!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Wow, I'm impressed.
    Rise!