Thread: Silent Hill: Book of Memories Impression - Run to the Sun 2012

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar

Silent Hill: Book of Memories Impression - Run to the Sun 2012

If you were ever delivered an extremely ancient looking tome that somehow contains a thorough documentation of everything you've ever done, you'd want to know what happens when you change something, right?

Read the impressions here
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Wow! This was a really positive impression! I hope they release a Demo close to launch to try it out myself, but I'll defiantly be keeping a eye on this.
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

We were shocked as well. Not that I thought it would be awful, but it was really impressive in action.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Art is dead

why tomm hulett

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    It's easy to think that this is going to kill the franchise or something, but seriously, try the game out. The atmosphere is still there, and it looks to be surprisingly story-driven for a dungeon crawler. All that's really changed is the gameplay, putting more focus on combat than on running away. You're not going to find any shock-thrills here, but there's plenty of creepiness at work with the notes, television broadcasts, and cursed rooms.

It's a weird concept, we all get that. But believe it or not, what we saw suggests that it just might work.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Tomm's the guy in charge of the series currently. He's also a member of this community, and even if I loathed him, there's a completely inappropriate level where violence is threatened, and I've removed the offensive post. Let's focus on the game, which you're free to disparage to Tuesday and back. SH fans confuse me.

Because it's now no longer clear, I should probably point out that my post was a joke.

Sorry about that

Gotta say, this is one of my favorite franchises ever and I am cautiously optimistic about this entry!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief