Thread: RPGCast - Episode 234: "Anna's Smashing"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 234: "Anna's Smashing"

RPGCast - Episode 234: "Anna's Smashing"

This week, Jon is off mic. Sadly, Shawn is a bit too on mic. Unfortunately, Anna is in a construction zone. But at least we've got a new Neo Geo coming out? Bonus special hint guide for this episode: nothing Shawn says is ever serious.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/234

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Anna's Smashing"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Jmustang1968's Avatar
    Some neo geo fanboys won't be happy with this one haha. Confusing the 3do and cdi for neo geo could be considered blasphemy in some gaming circles. To be fair though, the neo geo isn't an rpg platform.

Didn't hear a lot of group banter or discussion, mostly a lot of Shawn saying ridiculous stuff and Chris laughing at it or trying to get back on topic...

I have to agree with Lusipurr. Super Paper Mario was amazing. Too bad it was a one off. But Action RPG/ Platformer plus the messing with 2D & 3D dimensions ala Flat land was great. I would love to see another. It may be my favorite Nintendo game in at least a decade.

Sabin1001 needs to update his Backloggery, because it only shows 31 unfinished games. That's a tiny stack of unfinished games.

For Pokemon Conquest, I'll put a link in spoilers if the board will let me and you want some perfect links...

Google doc, 4th tab
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

The region 1 DVDs for the Persona 4 TV series will have both the original Japanese audio and the English dub track. It's only the Blu-Rays which will be dub only. I checked the retail site Rightstuf's news to make sure I had my facts right.

To be honest, I find it really difficult to believe that more than a few people bought Xenoblade. I was one of the people who purchased it. But I'm used to hearing that the niche games which I choose to support end up being failures in terms of sales. (I'm thinking specifically of Retro Game Challenge, Sakura Wars 5, and the PSP version of Half Minute Hero.) So if someone told me that a few crazy fans made up the sales figures and reported them as if they were facts, I would find that believable. Why am I so negative about this? Several reasons:

1. An article on IGN from January 2012 reported that almost a million people used Bit Torrent to pirate the game.
    2. It sounded like some fans imported a copy and modded their consoles.
    3. I was under the impression that few people have bought Wii games since 2010. Furthermore, I thought that unless a Wii game had a celebrity endorsement, multiplayer gameplay, or an established name brand, then barely anyone would purchase it.
    4. I'm quite aware that many fans have wholly embraced western RPGs, and that it's become acceptable to cynically dismiss translated RPGs.
    5. I'm also quite aware that many fans only (or mostly) buy computer games.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Awesome show as usual. Here's a link to the FF6 tune I'm remixing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6E2lsKsNSM
    I personally like to listen to the source tunes before I listen to remixes. So, there you go.

I know that the population of America is larger than Japan's but I wouldn't have guessed that the number of JRPG fans in America is larger as well.
    "Lusipurr.com: Where you can post things." That was hilarious.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Since the US alone has nearly triple the amount of people as Japan, it's not hard for a game to sell more here.

But yeah, I can't find any reliable sales figures on Xenoblade. I seem to recall it having a large amount of preorders before it was released in North America, and it was apparently one of the top selling games for that April. I'd like to think that it sold extremely well, but that's about it.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Might want to bring this up the art book Yo****aka Amano 800 pages

preorder
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161...ag=juggloni-20

Quote Originally Posted by drizzl View Post
    might want to bring this up the art book yo****aka amano 800 pages

preorder
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161...ag=juggloni-20
    f**king sold

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Did you see all the crap you get with it