Thread: Undou Shiyou - Japandemonium for August 31st, 2013

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Undou Shiyou - Japandemonium for August 31st, 2013

Just four more! Just four more! And... done! Time to take a break to cool down and peruse some literature.

From Valkyria Chronicle, we have the Valkyrie herself
    That should be Valkyria herself. As the game they were called Valkyria's and never one called Valkyrie's
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Why is Gemini and not Ohgami talking to Ciseaux when she wasn't even in that game... ah, whatever. He'll probably spawn another rabbit horde crashing a dinner party.
    Stupid Nintendo and its region lock. I want to play this game without being beholden to the whims of localizers who have let me down before.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

As an aside, the 25th anniversary soundtrack is actually an arranged album (save for the MSX tracks, anyway), containing newly-arranged versions of songs from throughout the history of Ys. You can hear samples here:

http://www.esterior.net/audio/ys_music_collection.mp3

-Tom

so as always ME LIKEY PROJECT X ZONE. that said, there's one release coming in september that I wish would find its way over here....I want another medabots game! I still play the GBA ones (the rpg not the brawler one) and I'd buy both versions for my 3DS instantly if I could understand them!
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Looking forward to hearing of your TGS experience, lemme know if God Eater 2 makes an appearance
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    I'm also curious about God Eater 2, actually...

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JuMeSyn View Post
    Stupid Nintendo and its region lock. I want to play this game without being beholden to the whims of localizers who have let me down before.
    This to the Nth degree. Since supposedly Namco Bandai is doing the release of this game in Japan, I don't expect us to ever see it here in the states.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I asked this before but never got a response, at least last time i checked there stil lwas none. Is there any buzz at all for dragon warrior 10 over there? I see it still seems to be selling decently at least.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Well, aside from the regular events at Luida's Bar in Tokyo and the videos playing in every video game store in the country? There isn't as much of a marketing blitz as there was for DQ9, as far as I can tell. No collectible goods have shown up in the local convenience stores, at least. Can't say for what the television coverage has been like, since my TV hasn't actually been connected to anything except my PS3 for a few months now. Famitsu gave it a 36/40 (breakdown: 9, 9, 9, 9), and was quite positive about it all.