Thread: Torchlight II Will Light Up Dungeons in September

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Torchlight II Will Light Up Dungeons in September

Despite its more humble ambitions, Torchlight II has been delayed so much that you'd think it was a Diablo game. Despite the delays, fans of dungeon-crawling will have something less demonic to look forward to next month.

[Link]

The delay with Torchlight II was really funny. It started with December 2011 on Amazon and then every month it was delayed one more month. I always was waiting for it just to see a few weeks before the release date that it was shifted another month back.

Anyway, if this one doesn't have forced registration/online it'll be a sure-buy one for me.

Once Diablo III beat this game to launch, any delays were probably a good thing. I still think the ideal launch window would have been about a month or two before DIII's launch, but September is looking pretty good. The main competition should be Borderlands 2, which will be out 2 days before TL2.

Now that everybody hates Diablo III and it is pretty much known as a horrible game and even the developers fight each other, it's a pretty good time to launch Torchlight 2.