Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Breaks All Limits

Final Fantasy XIV Breaks All Limits

In another step to make Final Fantasy XIV more appealing to fans, Square Enix is adding in limit breaks. Let's hope everyone's ready for Omnislash.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Did anybody else expect to hear the FF victory fanfare at the end of that video?
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Is this the PS3 version?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

I haven't been reading much up on this, but I see that they're making it all spiffy for the PS3 users, are they going to have downloadable updates for the PC users that purchased the original or are we going to have to buy something extra to get the improvements?
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V

New Member New Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Is this the PS3 version?
    Most likely it is the PC version. The ps3 version should look just about as good with less characters on screen though, if we are to believe what the devs have been telling us.

So with limit breaks they will either be OP or be a waste of time that makes the use of being called a limit break a slap in the face.

Any bets how they will turn out?

Also, did they ever add a pet using class, ie beastmaster, puppetmaster, summoner, etc. in any the 2.0 class change stuff they did?
    Last edited by Lodor3; 09-01-2012 at 01:22 PM.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    I didn't want to have to admit it, but this game is starting to look really cool. It totally has a final fantasy 4 vibe to it's design that I totally dig. Especially in some of the armor designs that look like dragoons and dark knights.

Anyhoo, I'm still not totally convinced the game will be good, but I have to give credit to the dev team who are working their butts off to fix this game. Imagine how awesome the game would have been if these current devs were in charge from the beginning.

Oh well, looking forward to seeing the final product.
    sup?

Arcanist / Summoner has now been pretty much made official for the relaunch, or shortly afterward. At the very least Arcanist will be live (which is a class). Summoner is the Job that pairs with it.

From what they have shown Summoner will be your pet job. Shown are 2 different Carbuncles, one that can tank and one that can cast magic.
    here's the concept art.

"To be forgotten is worse than death."

Personally, while FFXIV's environment looks great, the game play still looks pretty meh.

I can't wait to pass up on this game. An MMO is pretty much a don't buy me label for me.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Quote Originally Posted by MonCapitan2002 View Post
    I can't wait to pass up on this game. An MMO is pretty much a don't buy me label for me.
    I hear that. I did read this thread title as "Final fantasy "4" adding limit breaks, and was a bit confused.

A smooth flow of thought Kaiser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonCapitan2002 View Post
    it's your choice to limit yourself by exluding a genre on default, but you may miss on great experiences.
    when i was 12, i thought i didn't like rts games either, until i played warcraft 3: reign of chaos.

it's your choice to limit yourself by exluding a genre on default, but you may miss on great experiences.
    Actually, it's much safer to say you limit yourself BY playing MMORPG's. We get your point, but let's face it, the MMORPG experience just isn't worth the commitment for some people.

A smooth flow of thought Kaiser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    Actually, it's much safer to say you limit yourself BY playing MMORPG's. We get your point, but let's face it, the MMORPG experience just isn't worth the commitment for some people.
    for most modern rpgs, it's only raiding that really requires commitment. you can pretty much play mmorpgs like you would play say diablo 3, a few hours a week casually, since most aspects of many modern mmorpgs can be soloed.
    some great ones like gw2 don't even have a monthly sub.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, hopefully more MMOs will do the same thing as Guild Wars 2... free-to-play or buy-to-play (buy the box, but no monthly fee) and with downlevelling that allows people to play with friends even if they're not at the same level. That really makes the genre more accessible and friendly to casual (in terms of time commitment) play.

I don't think it's unfair to say that Final Fantasy XIV is geared towards players who prefer a "traditional" MMO experience and isn't the best choice for folks like TG Barighm, though.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

you can pretty much play mmorpgs like you would play say diablo 3, a few hours a week casually, since most aspects of many modern mmorpgs can be soloed.
    I'm aware of that, but as you said, you can miss out on great experiences if you limit yourself. What's more limiting than playing a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG solo? To properly enjoy an MMORPG the way it's meant to be enjoyed, you HAVE to commit yourself; otherwise, you're paying a premium for content that isn't nearly as good as a proper singleplayer/regular multiplayer RPG (so now you're limiting yourself for the sake of finding some way to play a game the way it wasn't meant to be played). Of course, getting the most out of your MMORPG is not an issue for most online gamers. I'm just saying, with regards to the idea that avoiding certain genres/consoles/gaming-styles/etc. is close-minded, MMORPG's is the one genre where concern is perfectly fair and reasonable.

But don't let my playing devil's advocate fool you. Value is a bigger concern for me than time is (I know how to manage my time). I just didn't feel the extra $15 a month was worth the extra hassle I had to put up with to play WoW and a couple other MMO's. When I eliminated those hassles, I ended up with an inferior singleplayer RPG. It just wasn't worth it. That's why I've got my eye on Guild Wars 2. Without the extra fee, I can play the game however I want without feeling like I'm missing out.

Of course, losing out on $60k will change anyone's tune, lol
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 09-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.