Thread: PAX 2012 - Neverwinter Foundry demonstration and Q&A with Andy Velasquez

Practical Problem Solver Administrator Foxworth's Avatar

PAX 2012 - Neverwinter Foundry demonstration and Q&A with Andy Velasquez

Andy Velasquez, Lead Producer, takes us through a step-by-step tour of Foundry, Neverwinter's quest creator. Build grand adventures for players to partake in, gain fame and riches, and let your gamemaster spirit explore - or finally script out that scenario where you get the bar wench you've had your eye on. The choice is yours!

Watch the interview
    This space for rent.

Ok, that's pretty bad *** as far as content creation tools go.
    Vanillawareís 2D is, once again, shaming their competitorís 3D. Itís like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I have been following this title since announcement, and overall I am hesitant.

The foundry looks awesome and I think it is great that players can do a lot of work themselves, as portrayed by the STO foundry.

My concern is the game itself. The devs have stated that they are making the truest dnd experience out there in video game format. From what I have seen and read so far.... the outcome is doubtful, as it is going to be lacking a lot of dnd fundamentals out the gate. Perhaps additional content will be forthcoming as well more classes and races. Who knows, but as is... I don't see a "true dnd experience."

Being able to custom make content is great, but with a limited base to work with... you can't make whats not already in the game engine.

Plus, 4th edition rule set.... there was the first mistake that got the ball rolling in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by scorpio_7; 09-04-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    I have been following this title since announcement, and overall I am hesitant.

The foundry looks awesome and I think it is great that players can do a lot of work themselves, as portrayed by the STO foundry.

My concern is the game itself. The devs have stated that they are making the truest dnd experience out there in video game format. From what I have seen and read so far.... the outcome is doubtful, as it is going to be lacking a lot of dnd fundamentals out the gate. Perhaps additional content will be forthcoming as well more classes and races. Who knows, but as is... I don't see a "true dnd experience."

Being able to custom make content is great, but with a limited base to work with... you can't make whats not already in the game engine.

Plus, 4th edition rule set.... there was the first mistake that got the ball rolling in the wrong direction.
    There is nothing wrong with 4th Edition rule set. I'ts actually a pretty decent ruleset and well designed especially for beginning players, or those who have not played in a long time (like 2nd).
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D