Thread: Sacred 3 Reboots Series

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Sacred 3 Reboots Series

In a world of franchise buyouts, is nothing Sacred? Well, this game will be, if only in name.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

YAY. Dark Alliance style is what I thought I was getting when I played the last Sacred game. While it was fairly close, melee was crap and boring as heck, although spells were fun to use.

Yes, I'm being unfair in expecting all of my dungeon crawl-looters to play just like Champions/Dark Alliance, but I loved those games. Heck, I still play them, but you can only replay the same game so many times.

I hope to god someone else grabs the DA/Champions license. It's not like the games sold poorly.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 09-07-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Wasn't the "giant open world" thing part of what set Sacred apart from the other Diablo-likes? (Well, that and an immense amount of incredibly opaque numbers/formulas/calculations and a skill system where you could permanently screw yourself by adding too many skill points to that skill you liked. Wouldn't mind if that part changed a bit. Lots of numbers is fine, but it'd be nice if they actually had an explanation/were understandable.... )

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiralyn View Post
    Wasn't the "giant open world" thing part of what set Sacred apart from the other Diablo-likes? (Well, that and an immense amount of incredibly opaque numbers/formulas/calculations and a skill system where you could permanently screw yourself by adding too many skill points to that skill you liked. Wouldn't mind if that part changed a bit. Lots of numbers is fine, but it'd be nice if they actually had an explanation/were understandable.... )
    Yeah, for me, the giant open world and the crazy complex skill system were the two things that actually drew me to Sacred. I don't normally like Diablo-style games, but I kind of dug the first two Sacreds. No doubt this new style will draw in Dark Alliance fans, but it personally turns me off.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I don't see why they can't have the best of both worlds: the way more fluid and fun combat execution of the DA/Champions games and the big, sprawling world and deep progression system of the Sacred games. Hopefully that's what we will get.