Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Adventurer's Best Friend

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

An Adventurer's Best Friend

RPGs love puppies. With their loveable, loyal personalities and the fact that they waggle their tails when you say "treats!" these furry friends are gathered here today to celebrate their importance and demand kibble.

Woof woof! Arrrrroooo....

I imagine this was a ruff feature to organize. Good work.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Careful Mac, you might drive her barking mad.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Indeed. Excellent work putting this together, Nyx. Great good to everyone who wrote something. I had a howling good time writing up my pieces for it.

*Dodges thrown fruits and vegetables*
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Nekobasu's Avatar
    Haha! Dogs!

I had to leash my excitement about the article because I was stunned you did a Pokemon section and didn't include Growlithe. But I suppose the other dogs had their day.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    I had to leash my excitement about the article because I was stunned you did a Pokemon section and didn't include Growlithe. But I suppose the other dogs had their day.
    Oddly Growlithe was on the initial list, but no one wanted to write about it.

I figured I'd leave Growlithe and Arcanine to someone else as I really wanted to concentrate on the Dark dogs. I actually wanted to include Absol in the write-up, but it seems most people see it as a cat rather than a dog. If I really wanted to stir up controversy, I would have done a piece on Suicune and excluded Entei and Raikou. :P

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    It was just odd luck that the two games I played before Nyx started asking around for contributions both happened to feature dogs in major roles, lol. Wish I'd thought to check up on the list later, though. I might've picked up Growlithe if I could heavily reference one episode of the Pokemon anime at the same time.

Oh God I always thought Angelo was male... although I suppose that would create some err, problems with the Angelo Canon ability if you get me >_>

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    Sorry, my usual Pokepassion was eclipsed by my love of Tales of Vesperia in this feature. Plus, I like to see Growlithe/Arcanine as more tiger than dog, even if that's not the actual intent.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Repede is best dog.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Nah, I have to give best dog to the toasterbot K9. He flies through space and shoots lasers. Sure, he's a ripoff of K-9 from Doctor Who, but I can let that go.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    I always figured he was a knock-off of the robo-dog in the original Battlestar Galactica. That would fit better with Evermore's American B-movie theme.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I was a slacker and forgot to send Nyx my dog. It works better with video than a still photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFm5...&feature=g-upl That's Sierra our husky.

I'll have to find a picture of Daisy, our resident old lady dog who's camera shy.

-Kel

Maybe I missed it but I did look twice...

No love for Blanca (SH2)?
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Maybe I missed it but I did look twice...

No love for Blanca (SH2)?
    I adored Blanca! Easily my favourite character in SH2. Sadly, this feature was getting so huge that we couldn't include every single dog ever. However, Blanca will get his love and cuddles when we do the Shadow Hearts backtrack. I promise! I used Blanca the whole game if that says anything about me.

Yeah, I was definitely looking for some Blanca love too. SH2 is my all time favorite game so...anyway awesome article!!!
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

I was about to cry foul for the lack of Tenebrae, but I guess he's more of a cat.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral

Quote Originally Posted by Glowing Hyren View Post
    I was about to cry foul for the lack of Tenebrae, but I guess he's more of a cat.
    And a black panther at that. Some of the other Dawn of the New World characters call him a dog, but other than Colette, they are just teasing him.