Thread: Ride the Riptide in New Dead Island Game

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Ride the Riptide in New Dead Island Game

The thing about zombies is you just can't keep them down. See what undead horrors the tide brings in with this follow-up to the original Dead Island.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Yay, but I hope this isn't just a safe follow-up without any improvements. Hopefully the turrets don't turn the fortress survival sections into a tower defense game.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I look forward to Manny hyping it pre-release.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    Yay, but I hope this isn't just a safe follow-up without any improvements. Hopefully the turrets don't turn the fortress survival sections into a tower defense game.
    The fortress survival sections sound like they're meant to be tower-defense style, but I also believe they're part of a multiplayer mode that's separate from the game's main campaign. I'm sure we'll hear more about it all before release.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

With how well this game and borderlands did I am still surprised there are not more co. making ripoffs of them for the console/pc yet.

The fortress survival sections sound like they're meant to be tower-defense style, but I also believe they're part of a multiplayer mode that's separate from the game's main campaign.
    Well, the mention of "hub" defense sounds like they're referring to the various quest hubs in the game, but yeah, given the success of ME3's multiplayer I could see them wanting to copy that. And good lord, they better not be doing tower defense. Horde mode maybe, but Dawn of the Dead style barricade-brawl would be more appeasing to zombie fans.

They also need to make the classes play more unique from eachother early on. It takes forever to gain enough skill points to really take advantage of a character's "unique" trait.

Betting the new class is a demolitionist. That's what I'd do anyway.

With how well this game and borderlands did I am still surprised there are not more co. making ripoffs of them for the console/pc yet.
    No kidding, but with MMORPG's dying left and right, I'm sure someone will realize there has always been a good market for smaller scale multiplayer RPGs. I think they were pretty big on PC before the MMORPG craze started.