Thread: RPGCast - Episode 237: "PLC"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 237: "PLC"

RPGCast - Episode 237: "PLC"

Get lots of PAX-loadable content in this week's FREE content update. Please note, many RPG Cast opinions are available as both a multipack and as a single track mind. These opinions are exactly the same. It is possible to download the same opinion twice. Do not apply directly to the forehead.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/237

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "PLC"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Anna, how much of a chance did you actually give Nocturne? You've said in the past that you loved Digital Devil Saga (the 2 part PS2 SMT offshoot series), and from what I've seen of Nocturne, it has a very similar feel. I haven't actually played much of Nocturne (hopefully I'll find time for it eventually), but from everything I've read, it's a similar game. I loved the DDS games, but they're difficult and are initially kind of off-putting to someone coming to the game only having experienced SMT through Persona 3 and 4 (which was the case with me).

BTW, Strange Journey was referred to as SMT 4 (unofficially) for quite a while after release, but I was always kind of hazy on the details. Excellent game regardless. Again, from what I've seen of Nocturne, Strange Journey looked very much like a direct sequel, though I guess it was just a spiritual sequel. Anyway, I liked Strange Journey so much that SMT4 going to the 3DS doesn't bother me at all.

Chris, if you can try out the DS version of TWEWY, play that first. If you can come to grips with the dual battle system gameplay, it's worth it. If not, the iOS version should be the better option from what Anna said about the improved AI. The game has plenty to offer away from the battle system, so it's worth a playthrough regardless of system. I'll add that this game is to date the only video game that has ever made me sweat significantly through sheer physical and mental effort. It was a lot of fun, but the condition of my shirt after a session of TWEWY was not much different than it generally is after a 4 mile run.

Somewhere between 5 and 10 hours; enough to know that the story wasn't going to overcome my frustration with everything else in the game.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    No no I can't settle down with my lesbian Skyrim wife in the new DLC... because I ACCIDENTALLY KILLED HER. D:

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Windows 8 can burn in hell, quite frankly.

The funny thing about desktops is that they're not phones. Therefore, things made for phones won't work quite as well on a desktop.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    No no I can't settle down with my lesbian Skyrim wife in the new DLC... because I ACCIDENTALLY KILLED HER. D:
    That's a shame, you sounded like you made a nice accidental couple. ... I think.

So does Chris & Anna have a suitably RPG theme set for the wedding?

E.g. Anna could go as the White mage/Archer: Rosa from FF4, while Chris would turn up as the Dark Knight (no not Batman!) for the wedding, but change to a Paladin for the reception.

The only trouble with lending someone TWEwY is that there's only the 1save file. Byebye badges
    And while the PP you get from not playing the game is a nice bonus, you should be getting more than that from during a few battles each day. (Which you might want to do for your daily intake of stat boosting food anyway.)
    Last edited by silktail; 09-14-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Whoops! had deleted the quote

Hey Sabin, if I made a throwaway password for my extra life account and gave it to you, would you add my donators to the prize pool?

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Sure. We can handle me getting access after the event.

On Saturday 20/10/2012 I will be Streaming for 24Hrs along side Extra life and after that I will be Donating $20+
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster