Thread: Import Impression - Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Import Impression - Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

A blast from the past has rocked the 3DS, and the impact reverberates through cyberspace. The first two iterations never made it past the game import firewall, but hopefully the third time will be the charm.

10 INPUT "What is your username: ", U$
    20 PRINT "Hello "; U$
    30 INPUT "How many demons do you want: ", N
    40 S$ = ""
    50 FOR I = 1 TO N
    60 S$ = S$ + "*"
    70 NEXT I
    80 PRINT S$
    90 INPUT "Do you want more demons? ", A$
    100 IF LEN(A$) = 0 THEN GOTO 90
    110 A$ = LEFT$(A$, 1)
    120 IF A$ = "Y" OR A$ = "y" THEN GOTO 30
    130 PRINT "Read the impression "; U$
    140 END

two things come to mind when i read this. First, I like older games but I like how the genres have evolved since the 90's so I'm wary. Second, if it came here I'm not sure it would have that much voiced dialogue in it, but it would be nice to have. It is definitely a game I would purchase and play through, i just hope I would enjoy it more than Strange Journey which got very tedious with its dungeons.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Considering how much voiced dialogue Devil Survivor Overclocked got when it was released here (only the most minor of scenes weren't voiced), I imagine it would have just as much.

No word yet, but this game does has a good shot at being released over here. This impression makes me want it even more.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

How well has the encounter/battles aged? I found I couldn't get into the recent Persona 1 and Persona 2 remakes because of the high encounter rate and tedious battles. Thus, I am a bit wary of other old remakes.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    The encounter rate varies according to the area, but usually isn't so bad. The worst encounter rates happen in a side-quest area, where you get into fights with low level demons every 2-5 steps if you don't cast a spell, use an item, or equip the Caps Lock plug-in (which heavily decreases encounters with weaker enemies). There's an auto-battle setup that works pretty well if you know what you're doing. Also, if you have most of the demons in any given area on your team, then it's easy to just talk your way out of battles for long periods of time (and often get money or items out of it).