Thread: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Delayed

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Delayed

The sightseeing trip to the wonderous lands of the Sword Coast has been delayed due to a kobold mining strike. However, we're currently offering a buy-one-get-one free tour package for the Elemental Planes. Book now!

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

I wonder how multiplayer should work in that game.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    The original had multiplayer. I'd tell you how it worked, but we never did figure out the arcane combination of laptops and cables that would have caused us to actually connect to each other back in '99. OK, so we were also drunk when we tried to make it work, but I doubt we would have had much more luck sober.

Kids today and their Internets!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    The original had multiplayer. I'd tell you how it worked, but we never did figure out the arcane combination of laptops and cables that would have caused us to actually connect to each other back in '99. OK, so we were also drunk when we tried to make it work, but I doubt we would have had much more luck sober.

Kids today and their Internets!
    They should totally include an option for old school multiplayer, which turns your wireless off, disables the ethernet port and forces you to rely on serial cables.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    They should totally include an option for old school multiplayer, which turns your wireless off, disables the ethernet port and forces you to rely on serial cables.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Haha.

On a more serious note - I still don't know how that should work. One person plays the whole game and the other one only controls half of the character in battle? Or can you like split up in towns?

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    NO! *cries uncontrollably*

Hopefully these new additions are worthwhile and not some foolish forum ramblings...

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Haha.

On a more serious note - I still don't know how that should work. One person plays the whole game and the other one only controls half of the character in battle? Or can you like split up in towns?
    From what I remember of how it worked in 2, and I'm guessing it worked similarly in 1, is that you both make characters as per normal, but one person is in charge of the story bits.

I played Baldur's Gate multiplayer back years ago. I don't remember having any big problems getting the connection to work.

About how the game is in multiplayer, you just decide who is in control over which characters when you set up the game. I think if your guy dies/gets exploded, you can even reimport him right back into the game right away almost as if nothing happened, so long as you're not the main character. Using custom characters didn't leave much space for the other characters in the game who join you though.