Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Delayed

  1. #1
    複線ドリフト!! RPGamer Staff Quin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,311

    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Delayed

    The sightseeing trip to the wonderous lands of the Sword Coast has been delayed due to a kobold mining strike. However, we're currently offering a buy-one-get-one free tour package for the Elemental Planes. Book now!

    [NEWS]

    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

  2. #2
    I wonder how multiplayer should work in that game.

  3. #3
    is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,812
    The original had multiplayer. I'd tell you how it worked, but we never did figure out the arcane combination of laptops and cables that would have caused us to actually connect to each other back in '99. OK, so we were also drunk when we tried to make it work, but I doubt we would have had much more luck sober.

    Kids today and their Internets!

    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

  4. #4
    複線ドリフト!! RPGamer Staff Quin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    The original had multiplayer. I'd tell you how it worked, but we never did figure out the arcane combination of laptops and cables that would have caused us to actually connect to each other back in '99. OK, so we were also drunk when we tried to make it work, but I doubt we would have had much more luck sober.

    Kids today and their Internets!
    They should totally include an option for old school multiplayer, which turns your wireless off, disables the ethernet port and forces you to rely on serial cables.

    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

  5. #5
    is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    They should totally include an option for old school multiplayer, which turns your wireless off, disables the ethernet port and forces you to rely on serial cables.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

  6. #6
    Haha.

    On a more serious note - I still don't know how that should work. One person plays the whole game and the other one only controls half of the character in battle? Or can you like split up in towns?

  7. #7
    Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    278
    NO! *cries uncontrollably*

    Hopefully these new additions are worthwhile and not some foolish forum ramblings...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Haha.

    On a more serious note - I still don't know how that should work. One person plays the whole game and the other one only controls half of the character in battle? Or can you like split up in towns?
    From what I remember of how it worked in 2, and I'm guessing it worked similarly in 1, is that you both make characters as per normal, but one person is in charge of the story bits.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    31
    I played Baldur's Gate multiplayer back years ago. I don't remember having any big problems getting the connection to work.

    About how the game is in multiplayer, you just decide who is in control over which characters when you set up the game. I think if your guy dies/gets exploded, you can even reimport him right back into the game right away almost as if nothing happened, so long as you're not the main character. Using custom characters didn't leave much space for the other characters in the game who join you though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •