Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TitS Goes HD in Japan

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

TitS Goes HD in Japan

Lucky Japanese PlayStation 3 owners are getting some Sora no Kiseki love this December. After all, who doesn't like some HD TitS?

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Will Xseed bring it? *Rimshot*
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    When do we get some high quality TiTS up in here?

Who doesn't love high definition TiTS?

I wish XSEED would be clear on the series' future in NA, since we've heard zilch about Chapter 2.
    Last edited by LOLOttertard; 09-28-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Can't hurt SC's chances. I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba B View Post
    I wish XSEED would be clear on the series' future in NA, since we've heard zilch about Chapter 2.
    If Falcom follows this up with HD PS3 ports of chapter 2 and 3, that's unquestionably going to be the best chance we have of seeing it localized. SC in particular, since the biggest problem XSEED is facing right now is the fact that the dual-disc format makes a digital version nearly impossible. If Falcom does the work on that for them, then they're golden - all they have to worry about it the localization (which is a hell of a task in and of itself, of course)
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    If Falcom follows this up with HD PS3 ports of chapter 2 and 3, that's unquestionably going to be the best chance we have of seeing it localized. SC in particular, since the biggest problem XSEED is facing right now is the fact that the dual-disc format makes a digital version nearly impossible. If Falcom does the work on that for them, then they're golden - all they have to worry about it the localization (which is a hell of a task in and of itself, of course)
    Actually, the PC versions are really the most likely chance of seeing these localized. Steam offers all the flexibility for releasing the game with little of the overhead required to get it in PSN, etc. I would still love to see the PSP versions, but I've given up on that completely now.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

As long as there is a place to put the (huge) translated script once completed, I'm not picky about the outlet. Slow and steady, XSEED. The last thing we want is a rushed and disappointing text after an impressive FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Simba B View Post
    We've said several times now that the second game is still in the works, actually. It's just got a WHOLE LOT of text, and sales of the first game (and our desire to continue having jobs!) dictate that we can't make it a priority (i.e. we have to work on other games alongside it, meaning our already limited resources are being split), so it's going to take a looooooong time to finish localizing. And because of that, its release can't be 100% guaranteed, since it's so far out that there are any number of things that COULD happen in the interim (we could go out of business, contract the plague, etc.). We're still working toward its completion, though, as best as we can, and we still have every intention of releasing it in one form or another (PC, PSP, PS3, who knows!) when the time is right.

I wouldn't expect any more news for a good long while, though, as I'm afraid its status isn't changing anytime too soon. There really is THAT MUCH TEXT.

-Tom

Thanks for the reply Wyrd. When this thread this morning I was hoping you'd reply with news, and although in this case it's No real news, you atleast have provided an answer which is better then many companies
    27 years of gaming and still going strong

and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Thanks for the notice Tom. I can't wait for your next release by the way, as you're getting my money regardless odds are. XD
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Thx, Wyrd. You keep translating, and we'll keep ourselves busy in the meantime making up socially questionable acronym references (e.g., please support TitS as much as you can).

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    I've never played Trails in the Sky but I always see their BEAUTIFUL cover art on the shelves at computer stores out here in Japan. I hope the PS3 version comes out in the West really badly.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

However if you don't own a PS3 and want to play it the cost of both the system and the game itself is NOT worth it especially since the PSP version took me under 25 hours and spending over 250 for both the system and game is the reason its not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veghabe View Post
    However if you don't own a PS3 and want to play it the cost of both the system and the game itself is NOT worth it especially since the PSP version took me under 25 hours and spending over 250 for both the system and game is the reason its not worth it.
    25 hours? Are you the guy from GameFAQs who just skipped all the text? Because yeah... I can't even imagine finishing the game in that little an amount of time. If you actually read the story and talk to NPCs -- which is very much meant to be the main draw of the game -- you'll easily put 50+ hours into it. Hell, I wound up putting in over 100.

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Veghabe View Post
    Took me 60 hours personally. I feel like I somewhat rushed through some parts towards the end too. So, yeah, I'm not sure how you managed that. I've never been into "speed runs" though.

I spent 25 hours just talking to the empty treasure chests...

Yes I skipped all the long *** text just to get to the battles yet my FC run both in english and the Japanese version ONLY took me 25 to 30 hours to reach the final boss at level 38 and had max BP my easy mode 100% carry over run only took 14 hours to do the same.

But because I don't own a PS3 the PSP games under 25 hours to beat the game means spending 250+ for both a PS3 and a import HD version of the game just isn't worth it.

Yeah, I think the point we're trying to make here is that 99.999% of the people who play this game are NOT going to skip the text, since the text is very much its biggest selling point. Very, very few people will play it solely for its gameplay, and I dare say those who do are very much missing out on what makes it such a great title.

That having been said, though, even if the game lasts 50+ hours (which it will), I don't think anyone's suggesting it's a PS3 system seller -- especially when it's also available on PSP and (in Japan) PC with few changes aside from visuals and, in the case of the PC version, fewer difficulty options.

This is really just good news for people who already own PS3s -- nothing more.

-Tom