Thread: RPGCast - Episode 240: "Steamy Trails In The Sky"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 240: "Steamy Trails In The Sky"

RPGCast - Episode 240: "Steamy Trails In The Sky"

Japan continues to get awesome game announcements that we can do naught but be jealous of. The cast learns that maybe they should care more about Tales games. And of course, the Wii U has a real launch lineup so we tell you what to buy!

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/240

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Steamy Trails In The Sky"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

I still think Steamy TiTS would've been better.

Is it time to post a joke counter for TiTS puns?

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    Is it time to post a joke counter for TiTS puns?
    Pretty sure it'd already be over 9000.

WHAT?

NINE THOUSAND???

And are you guys sure the WiiU launch lineup is tax deductible? Darksiders 2 will only get you so far.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    You know, I have to admit, it's hilarious to see just how out-of-touch and hyper-conservative Chris is. It's actually kinda cute.

Anyway, a correction. It has NOT been over a year since the Vita launched. It hit on December 17th 2011 in Japan, the North American First Edition bundle came out on February 15th of this year, while the general release version hit on February 22nd in North America and Europe, with Australia getting it the following day (funny enough, the 3G version of the system debuts in Canada on October 2nd).

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Thanks for the Big TiTS update guys. How about a question for the show.

If you had to kill off one RPG franchise to bring back another. Which would you kill and which would you revive? Revived have to have been dead for at least 3 years.

Also no mention of Lunar Silver Star releasing on iOS on your news segment?

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Now THAT is a fun question! I would normally want to revive the Xeno series, particulary Xenosaga which was supposed to be a 5-game series with the 5th game being a remake of Xenogears. THAT would have been amazing. But Xenoblade just came out so I guess I can't choose that any more. So my next choice would be to revive Valkyrie Profile. I think anyone who has ever played it wants Valkyrie Profile on PS3. But what game would I sacrifice for that? I know how to enjoy every RPG that comes out so I would just choose the series that effects me the least. Probably Mass Effect. I haven't played any of them and it sounds like it's already hit its peak and gone back down the other side of the hill. Sorry Mass Effect. I love you but I'm not IN love with you.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Didn't Valkyrie Profile get a semi-recent release on a handheld or something? No, I don't think it's quite dead yet.

Suikoden would be a much better choice. And I agree with killing off Mass Effect. The story is over. Time to move on (I'm also not that big of a fan).

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Killer Id View Post
    Thanks for the Big TiTS update guys. How about a question for the show.

If you had to kill off one RPG franchise to bring back another. Which would you kill and which would you revive? Revived have to have been dead for at least 3 years.
    The entire WRPG genre for Skies of Arcadia 2 on PC hardware.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    Didn't Valkyrie Profile get a semi-recent release on a handheld or something? No, I don't think it's quite dead yet.

Suikoden would be a much better choice. And I agree with killing off Mass Effect. The story is over. Time to move on (I'm also not that big of a fan).
    You mean: Valkyrie Profile. Covenant of the Plume, DS, release 16th March 2009?

But if you count spin-offs, then funny enough: Suikoden Tierkreis, DS, release 17th March 2009.

I think there was also another Suikoden spin-off on PSP, in Japan earlier this year too.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I'd gladly sacrifice the Kingdom Hearts series for a new Baten Kaitos game. I never cared for the KH series and some fans (especially the yaoi fangirls) can get a little scary. Meanwhile a series with a fun, original battle system, fascinating world, and beautiful music hasn't seen a new entry in six years. It's an obscure series, which is probably the reason why we haven't seen a new game, but I would love a new Baten Kaitos game.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Can we kill the current Suikoden series and bring back the old one? XD

I think I'd sacrifice the Star Ocean series for a Chrono game. I don't really need another Star Ocean game and it'd be interesting to see another Chrono game.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    I would sacrifice final fantasy to bring back the suikoden series, with the original devs at the helm. (I'd spare FF6 the purge though)

I would sacrifice the "tales of" series for a continuation of the kotor series of regular rpgs, not the stupid mmo.

I'd sacrifice mass effect for a chrono trigger series, with original devs at the helm.

I would have spared kingdom hearts back when the first game came out, but since its now spanned like 5 consoles and the story seems meh, it can go to hell for a reboot of the Secret of Mana series on home consoles.

I never really liked the Xeno series all that much, but I would REALLY have liked to have seen/played the xenogears remake, so just for that game alone, I'd dump...mmm I dunno, pokemon?

That's all I can think of.
    sup?