Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature - Most Desired 3DS Localizations

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Feature - Most Desired 3DS Localizations

The 3DS is an awesome handheld, yet where are all the RPGs? While I'm sure they are still coming, let's take a look at a few that NEED to be localized.

LOCALIZE ME!

with Etrian Odyssey coming early next year I think the list plus the honourable mentions is a pretty good one. I don't think I would get the Rune Factory game, but I'm pretty sure I'd buy all the others if/when they find their way to my english speaking community. Project X Zone would be awesome, but I'm trying to keep myself from wanting it too badly because I'm fairly certain I will have to do without.

But I think whether it's these games or others, either way the 3DS needs to get some quality RPGs on it here in the west and sooner rather than later. I know more than a few people who consider a console worthy of purchase only after there are some great RPGs. I personally play DS games on my 3DS about 10 times as often as a 3DS game. :/ *wants more than Mario*
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

I will buy a 3DS the moment Fire Emblem is out. Just like what I did with a Wii.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    My most anticipated on that list is Bravely Default, for sure. Like Clix, Fire Emblem is also a big time system seller too. However, my real most anticipated title is Virtue's Last Reward. Right now I'm still undecided on the 3DS, and would probably rather take a trip to visit some friends this Christmas than spend on a system with only 2 or so games that currently interest me.
    Last edited by ChickenGod; 10-04-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Fire Emblem and BDFF are all I want and need for the 3DS. Anything else is a bonus.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    It did take about a year for the original DS RPGs to start hitting the system, and the 3DS sales were fairly slow in the beginning. I do hope we'll see all of these coming over to North America, but we'll just have to wait and see. The ones I most want from the list are Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGod View Post
    My most anticipated on that list is Bravely Default, for sure. Like Clix, Fire Emblem is also a big time system seller too. However, my real most anticipated title is Virtue's Last Reward. Right now I'm still undecided on the 3DS, and would probably rather take a trip to visit some friends this Christmas than spend on a system with only 2 or so games that currently interest me.
    Those are the only games that make it worth it for you? And still not even then? No non-RPGs? Don't get me wrong, I am a mostly RPG gamer but Mario Kart 7? Super Mario Land 3D? Final Fantasy Theatrythm? The upcoming installment of Animal Crossing? Any of those tempting at all?
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V

Quote Originally Posted by Zerase View Post
    Those are the only games that make it worth it for you? And still not even then? No non-RPGs? Don't get me wrong, I am a mostly RPG gamer but Mario Kart 7? Super Mario Land 3D? Final Fantasy Theatrythm? The upcoming installment of Animal Crossing? Any of those tempting at all?
    Only Theatrythm. I'm tired of Mario (shocking I know), tired of Mario Kart (my friend overplays it around me), and I never liked Animal Crossing. That's my take on those anyway.
    User Database Check

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerase View Post
    Tad confused here since Dark responded, but right now those 3 are the ones I'd most want to buy. None of the suggestions you mentioned are games I'd buy, but Mario Tennis Open is definitely something I'd get since I tend to like those quite a bit. 3D Land would probably make a good rental too. Since my most wanted have yet to be released, its hard to justify buying the system when I could just wait and see my friends in their limited free time during the Christmas holidays. Going without Virtue's Last Reward will be tough though, for sure!
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Well, besides Fire Emblem, I would also pick up Dead Or Alive: Dimensions. Those are the only two current games I must own.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Right now the two games that I really really want on the 3DS aren't even RPGs - Ace Attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

That said, I also really want to see SMT4. The rest I could take or leave. None of the other upcoming 3DS RPGs really grab my attention. Soul Hackers might be interesting, but I suspect it probably hasn't aged terribly well. Bravely Default has potential, but I'm still iffy on it.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGod View Post
    Tad confused here since Dark responded, but right now those 3 are the ones I'd most want to buy. None of the suggestions you mentioned are games I'd buy, but Mario Tennis Open is definitely something I'd get since I tend to like those quite a bit. 3D Land would probably make a good rental too. Since my most wanted have yet to be released, its hard to justify buying the system when I could just wait and see my friends in their limited free time during the Christmas holidays. Going without Virtue's Last Reward will be tough though, for sure!
    I responded for the hell of it. I just giving my 2 cents on things.
    User Database Check

A pretty good wish list, and I hope most of those games get localized. I definitely want RF 4 and I'm pretty sure Natsume will bring it. Soul Hackers sounds very interesting and I'm dying for a Cyberpunk RPG to tide me over while I wait for Shadowrun Returns and CDProject's Cyberpunk so that' s probably my 2nd most wanted 3DS title. BD:FF sounds OK but I'm not really sold on it yet tbh. In general, I like "Old School" JRPGs, but there are certain elements (i.e. Random encounters) that I think need to die. I can certainly overlook that if the game is otherwise good though.

I just watched the "King of Pirates" trailer and it looks errm, interesting but have no clue yet what the actual gameplay is like.

In the mean time I'm looking forward to "Code of Princess" which is not really a RPG but certainly has some action RPG elements.

Bravely Default is the only game that would cause me to run out and buy a system right now. If that did come out, and I did buy the system, I'd probably also check out some Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, Etrian IV, and maybe Overclocked. If the second Unchained Blades came out in the US, I'd probably pick the 3DS for that as well. But while there are some good solid games listed, none really seem like system sellers to me, especially since I still have 15 games on my DS want list.
    Bean Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    I will buy a 3DS the moment Fire Emblem is out. Just like what I did with a Wii.
    This!
    ...as I did with my Wii, as I did with my Gamecube, as I did with my Gameboy Adva*cough* well not really - back then I didn't even know the series...shame on me...but hey back then "searching stuff on the interwebs" was something I tought only nerds would do ;-P

Off course there is Ace Attorney 5 to look forward to, too....

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Soul Hackers might be interesting, but I suspect it probably hasn't aged terribly well.
    It's actually pretty on-par with Strange Journey in a lot of respects, so I'd say it's aged much better than most PSX titles I've played in the last three years.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Good thing for a lot of y'all that Fire Emblem has been confirmed for release here.

Great list, and I definitely hope that a bunch of those RPGs get localized. I'm particularly looking forward to Bravely Default and Rune Factory 4. King of Pirates also has my attention becuase pirates.

It's not surpising that we haven't seen too many RPGs for the 3DS yet, though. Several Japanese publishers delayed or cancelled their launch-period RPGs when the 3DS didn't sell well at first. Now that the 3DS is doing quite well and the Vita is bombing in Japan, publishers have come crawling back and are finally releasing RPGs there. Add in the lag time for localization and next year is likely to be the first big RPG holiday season for the system in North America.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default, Bravely Default

Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Level-5 and Brownie Brown's Fantasy Life looks pretty interesting. It earned an honorable mention in the feature. Watch the trailer, if you like.

I think there is combat, but it isn't the focus. It looks similar to Rune Factory in that regard. Also, it seems similar to Nintendo's Animal Crossing franchise, but with a fantasy theme.
    Last edited by flamethrower; 10-07-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Level-5 and Brownie Brown's Fantasy Life looks pretty interesting. It earned an honorable mention in the feature. Watch the trailer, if you like.

I think there is combat, but it isn't the focus. It looks similar to Rune Factory in that regard. Also, it seems similar to Nintendo's Animal Crossing franchise, but with a fantasy theme.
    Yes, I am looking forward to this. I think it looks like it'll be fun, though it may compete heavily with Animal Crossing on the 3DS time if both are released relatively close together.
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V