Thread: Ragnarok Odyssey Is Almost Here

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Ragnarok Odyssey Is Almost Here

There is never a lack of good monster-hunting games these days, but few let you crush small blobs of pink gel with a giant drill-hammer. Well, there are giant birds and armored wolves too, but no one remembers those guys.

[Link]

Can't wait. Plan to get the digital psn version to help me go over the $100 edge for that psn promotion. I hope my 4GB memory stick can hold the game.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    My umd drive is ready

UMD? That's the OTHER Ragnarok game.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I preordered and prepaid this last week because I thought it was coming out on the 17th. The 30th means I could have paid for it out of next week's paycheck instead. I wonder why so many games I've been preordering have been getting 2-4 week delays?

Quote Originally Posted by kazriko View Post
    I preordered and prepaid this last week because I thought it was coming out on the 17th. The 30th means I could have paid for it out of next week's paycheck instead. I wonder why so many games I've been preordering have been getting 2-4 week delays?
    That's the problem with retailers giving games placeholder dates. We actually never gave a release date for Ragnarok Odyssey until a few days ago -- October 30th was the first date we've ever given for the game. But in order to facilitate preordering, a lot of stores basically just... guessed... at when the game would be coming out. And were wrong.

I'm betting that's the same story for all the other games you've encountered recently which have been getting 2-4 week delays. To better prepare for this in the future, I'd suggest checking on the publisher's site for any official announcements before placing orders -- assuming you mind the extra time delay, anyway.

(Sorry if your hopes were raised for an earlier release, though! But hey, as they say, good things are worth waiting for. Heh.)

-Tom