Thread: Staff Review - New Little King's Story

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar

Staff Review - New Little King's Story

His iron fists aren't tiny anymore, but his imagination has certainly shrunk a few sizes. What does Corobo's latest adventure have in store for him?

Read the review here
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

It's for PS Vita right? Because the score bar says Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    It's for PS Vita right? Because the score bar says Wii.
    Fixed, sorry about that
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    This makes me sad one one hand, but increasingly satisfied with my decision not to purchase a Vita this fall on the other.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    This makes me sad one one hand, but increasingly satisfied with my decision not to purchase a Vita this fall on the other.
    I've been calling it a $350 brick all along and this is mostly because of how it's priced and how the memory cards are priced. It's too bad about the game as many people had high hopes for it and I thought if it was good enough it might get a 3ds port....

also stripping out the wonder and the quikyness was a bad call!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

I was slightly dreading this was going to happen after looking at past screenshots, it's very unfortunate. Know if any of the original scenario writers contributed at all to the game's development?

Also, there were equipable items in the Wii game as well, unless you mean there's more of them this time around or that troops can now equip more than one at a time. When you say the voicework is limited, does that mean the scrambled, multi-language gibberish used whenever anyone spoke in the Wii game is gone now? Also curious if the 1HP difficulty mode from the English Wii game is present.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungyin View Post
    I was slightly dreading this was going to happen after looking at past screenshots, it's very unfortunate. Know if any of the original scenario writers contributed at all to the game's development?

Also, there were equipable items in the Wii game as well, unless you mean there's more of them this time around or that troops can now equip more than one at a time. When you say the voicework is limited, does that mean the scrambled, multi-language gibberish used whenever anyone spoke in the Wii game is gone now? Also curious if the 1HP difficulty mode from the English Wii game is present.
    Every unit can equip up to 3 pieces of gear now - armor, helm, and weapon, and they change their appearance.

The scrambled multi-language voicework is completely gone. There is very limited, 100% english VA that's not very good in some spots, but for the most part its unvoiced.

The tyrant difficulty is alive and well, you need to beat the game to unlock it.
    Follow me on Twitter

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Well that's a bit disappointing, and I haven't even played the first game yet (I own it, and I'll get to it some day).
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Did the same group of mega talented developers work on this one, or was it some upstart team that got the rights to use the license and assets?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Did the same group of mega talented developers work on this one, or was it some upstart team that got the rights to use the license and assets?
    My understanding is the original developers went under because the game was too unique, despite being excellent. The property fell into some other company's hands, who decided to reimagine it in a form that would be guaranteed to generate sales within a certain market.
    Last edited by Xerain; 10-14-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    And this is why we can't have nice things.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    And this is why we can't have nice things.
    Well, we can. We just can't have faithful sequels to our nice things.
    Follow me on Twitter

Thats a shame. i was initially excited to see a new rpg for Vita but was hesitant to get it because it was $40 when i saw it on psn store. I'm glad your review helped me stay strong and not get it (unless it magically goes down to just $9.99).

Maybe when PS Plus comes to Vita next month it will get a good discount. Doubtful though considering how lackluster the Plus discounts have been on ps3 lately.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

I have the version on the Wii that I bought brand new back in the day and played 10min and haven't touched it since, like a lot of games I have. Hopefully I'll muster the time to get back to it (and the Wii console in general).