Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Mass Effect 3 Wars for Omega

  1. #1
    is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,940

    Mass Effect 3 Wars for Omega

    It's nice to see that not every blue lady in Mass Effect's universe channels Deanna Troi. Aria T'Loak doesn't care about our feelings, she just wants Omega back.

    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

  2. #2
    A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Batesburg, South Carolina
    Posts
    4,534
    FINALLY! Some DLC I actually give a damn about.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

  3. #3
    $15 seems an awful lot for a DLC pack. This, incidentally, is my gripe with Dawnguard. This seems interesting, but I feel like I'm done with Mass Effect at this point. I'll get it on sale, if at all.

  4. #4
    Member Ryumoau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    155
    i just traded Mass Effect 3, along with Skyrim and Graces F, to gamestop to help pay for WWE '13 (i know kinda sad but i love wrestling :P).

    Although i personally didn't mind the ending to Mass effect 3, i got so beat down by all the ridiculous negativity of the game from people online that it started to ruin my enjoyment of the game. I don't think i would have enjoyed the extra dlc content as much as i wanted to.

    Its just sad that it wasn't enough for people to voice their disapproval of the ending, but they had to place threats of boycotting Bioware and even look down on people like me who enjoyed the game for what it was. Not saying i saw that here, but on other places on the net. I just hope i never see this kind of hate centered around a game ever again.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

  5. #5
    Member TheAnimeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque, New mexico
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryumoau View Post
    i just traded Mass Effect 3, along with Skyrim and Graces F, to gamestop to help pay for WWE '13 (i know kinda sad but i love wrestling :P).

    Although i personally didn't mind the ending to Mass effect 3, i got so beat down by all the ridiculous negativity of the game from people online that it started to ruin my enjoyment of the game. I don't think i would have enjoyed the extra dlc content as much as i wanted to.

    Its just sad that it wasn't enough for people to voice their disapproval of the ending, but they had to place threats of boycotting Bioware and even look down on people like me who enjoyed the game for what it was. Not saying i saw that here, but on other places on the net. I just hope i never see this kind of hate centered around a game ever again.
    Shoulda hung out with me. I wasn't doomsaying it. I thought the ending was fine.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

    27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

  6. #6
    Member Ryumoau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    155
    ^ i'm glad i wasn't alone in not hating it.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

  7. #7
    Likewise. I actually understood the ending and I dismissed the minor errors because they really didn't mean much. But to be fair I've always felt the franchise was overrated, so I wasn't as emotionally invested as other people. I sure enjoy the multiplayer though. At least multiplayer content is free (even if it's lazily designed and rife with glitches).

  8. #8
    Member Ryumoau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    155
    you i did enjoy the multiplayer for awhile. I just kinda stopped because it was too much of a pain to get the weapons i wanted from those equipment packs that you buy from the ingame store.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

  9. #9
    Member Kiralyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    272
    Even as someone who disliked the ending (found it depressing and filled with GIANT plot holes; and it made me never want to ever play the game again, let alone bother with DLC - everything's going to end in fire, with the galaxy in ruins, so why bother saving more people whose lives will be screwed anyway?), I found the internet furor to be irrational and waaaaaaaay over the top.


    But like I said, not interested in this DLC, or any others they release....

  10. #10
    A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Batesburg, South Carolina
    Posts
    4,534
    Kiralyn, look at the extended endings, it actually changes quite a bit. Enough to where I'm okay with the endings. So now I can focus on what really matters...like saving the biggest hive of cutthroat and villainy the universe has ever known.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

  11. #11
    I wonder if the Collectors will show up? I doubt Bioware went to all that trouble of re-introducing them just for the multiplayer. I know Cerberus supposedly took over the station, but plot twists and all that.

  12. #12
    Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    10x10 room with treasure chest
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    I wonder if the Collectors will show up? I doubt Bioware went to all that trouble of re-introducing them just for the multiplayer. I know Cerberus supposedly took over the station, but plot twists and all that.
    I'm not sure it's all that much trouble, really. with both games running on the same/near identical engine. like how they brought vorcha into multiplayer as characters. they had most of the animation already available from 2.

  13. #13
    I'm not sure it's all that much trouble, really. with both games running on the same/near identical engine. like how they brought vorcha into multiplayer as characters
    Well, the devs. made it sound like a pain in the butt. It was an easy decision because the assets were all there, but most of the units had to be redesigned because most of their abilities flat-out didn't work (Shockwave in general is very glitchy, so Scions throw Cluster Grenades now) and they had to completely recreate the whole possession thing. They even look different.

    But that wasn't my point. I don't believe they brought the Collectors back just for the multiplayer. Bioware is still acting like the multiplayer is closely connected to the lore, so the Collectors will have to appear in the singleplayer at some point.


    And once again, the guy that leaks everything was spot-on. He even got the environmental hazards right (I didn't believe they would do that; seemed so unnecessary).
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 10-16-2012 at 03:06 PM.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In the Mountains
    Posts
    51
    Will wait for the reviews before I make the decision. All Leviathan did was make me hate some of the writing decisions even more. I'd put down a single sentence for my opinion on Leviathan, but I haven't figured out how to grey out text for spoiler's sake, so, just to put it simply that the added story did not endear me to some of the choices they made.

  15. #15
    Member Kiralyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliya Moroumetz View Post
    but I haven't figured out how to grey out text for spoiler's sake,
    Two options. "Go Advanced" message editing, and the spoiler button is the..... I have no idea what that icon is.... at the end of the third row of tools.

    Or, just type the actual spoiler tags on either side of the text you want greyed [spoiler.] with the periods removed to make it work [/spoiler.]

  16. #16
    Member Ryumoau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiralyn View Post
    Two options. "Go Advanced" message editing, and the spoiler button is the..... I have no idea what that icon is.... at the end of the third row of tools.

    Or, just type the actual spoiler tags on either side of the text you want greyed [spoiler.] with the periods removed to make it work [/spoiler.]
    Thanks i was wondering how to use that as well.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •