Thread: Ayesha to Travel to Europe

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Ayesha to Travel to Europe

Gust may have changed owners, but it appears to be business as usual for the series releases in Europe. The Alchemist of the Sunset Lands can start preparing for her visit to the region early next year.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Wonder how their translations and censoring policy will compare to NIS(A).

Quote Originally Posted by Lodor3 View Post
    Wonder how their translations and censoring policy will compare to NIS(A).
    NISA was a licensing company for the games in the US. Thats completely seperate from the original owner being under a new owner in Japan
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

go go Europe
    ---
    Needs more battles, less synth.
    Last edited by Slayer; 10-22-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: loco

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    NISA was a licensing company for the games in the US. Thats completely seperate from the original owner being under a new owner in Japan
    Not exactly. Gust and Nippon Ichi were really close in Japan. Previously Gust was free to hand all their games over to NISA without considering any other options. Now there is a parent company involved who may prefer their logo on the box instead of NISA's, though Koei Tecmo hiring NISA staff to do the translation work is not an impossibility, assuming the price is right.
    Last edited by Xerain; 10-20-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: clarification
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

The translation and censoring view is most definetly being done by new people with this change. It is a totaly different company doing the translations and such now, and with the ownership change that should of be quite obvious to anyone.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodor3 View Post
    The translation and censoring view is most definetly being done by new people with this change. It is a totaly different company doing the translations and such now, and with the ownership change that should of be quite obvious to anyone.
    I'm not sure what makes you assume that. Tecmo-Koei has actually handled distribution for a lot of NIS America releases so the two companies already have a working relationship.

Also you all are assuming this will be for the US release as well. But NISA may handle part of it for the US release
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

NISA has confirmed that the studio IS 100% doing the localization for this one. Whether or not they publish it here is the only thing still in question.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm