Thread: RPGCast - Episode 242: "Extra Life 2012"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 242: "Extra Life 2012"

RPGCast - Episode 242: "Extra Life 2012"

Extra Life was great fun and a huge success. Thousands of dollars were raised to heal kids, tons of games were played, and oh yeah, we recorded a podcast. Listen to the crew try to cover the week's news while Chris gets lost in Grimrock.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/242

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Extra Life 2012"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

So much dead air I thought you guys killed my MP3 player again. Also, Yay,You found Manny!
    Quick Question. Who keeps complaining About Quin's Robo-Rants, Cuz I personally enjoy them.
    ive got candy

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Are y'all saving the files on a different server or something? Wherever it is now, i can't download it at work . EVIL. I can DL so many other podcasts, but not this one. Sad face time!

What's Manny thinking? Buy a bigger Xbox HDD (they are ridiculously cheap if you shop around), install all your games on it and it is then almost certainly as quiet as you could ever want.

I don't know a thing about xbloxes, but on my PS3, I slapped a 500gig laptop HD into it real easy like...and so happy that I did!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaddness View Post
    Quick Question. Who keeps complaining About Quin's Robo-Rants, Cuz I personally enjoy them.
    Myself, mostly. I'd rather not oversaturate the podcast with overwhelming amounts of gushing about my favourite genre.

Incidentally, my order for the Zone of the Enders HD collection shipped this morning.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Myself, mostly. I'd rather not oversaturate the podcast with overwhelming amounts of gushing about my favourite genre.

Incidentally, my order for the Zone of the Enders HD collection shipped this morning.
    Is that a US deal?

Anyway, I love rants about games. I listen to very long podcasts where that's all they do. Heck...one of the most popular casts about games, Bombcast...that's all they do is talk at long stretches about (admittedly new games) that they like and hate. Details are awesome! It was earlier rants on RPGCast that got me to buy FTL. I'm glad I did! (Did I mention I've beat it thrice now? mwahahah! Down with mother ship!!)

If I just wanted the news on games and RPGs quick and to the point, I usually watch (game) news casts or just read RPGamer site!

So, I say, RANT ON!
    Last edited by jcservant; 10-25-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Oh and if Manny is interested (hope this doesn't sound like I'm having a dig, as I'm not) then the November issue of Edge magazine has got the real story on how Infinity Blade came around.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Hey RPGCast! I got a question! Wanna answer it?

Doom 3: BFG Edition was recently released, and with it, a change to the game was made. The flashlight mechanic of the original version, whereby you couldn't use a weapon and a flashlight at the same time, was replaced with a flashlight system more akin to Half-Life, where the light is mounted to your suit, but has a battery that drains during use and recharges when off. If you were able to re-release an RPG with a non-graphical gameplay alteration, what game would it be, and what change would you make to the gameplay systems? Me, I'd re-release FFVIII and replace the god-awful draw and junction systems with a more traditional MP/HP system, which would actually make the game playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post

Don't worry, it's not nearly as bad as the MMO talk was a couple years ago.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Doom 3: BFG Edition was recently released, and with it, a change to the game was made. The flashlight mechanic of the original version, whereby you couldn't use a weapon and a flashlight at the same time, was replaced with a flashlight system more akin to Half-Life, where the light is mounted to your suit, but has a battery that drains during use and recharges when off. If you were able to re-release an RPG with a non-graphical gameplay alteration, what game would it be, and what change would you make to the gameplay systems? Me, I'd re-release FFVIII and replace the god-awful draw and junction systems with a more traditional MP/HP system, which would actually make the game playable.
    But I liked junctioning...

Skies of Arcadia with more ship battles, maybe?

Also, I'm open to any mecha related questions people may have.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

i enjoy hearing Quin talk about that series. Just wish some actually came to NA. i liked the two GBA Original Generation games they gave us.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    Oh and if Manny is interested (hope this doesn't sound like I'm having a dig, as I'm not) then the November issue of Edge magazine has got the real story on how Infinity Blade came around.
    This is specifically what I was talking about. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/17055...p#.UIrmK7SEDZs

If i missed a few details its cause I read the article months ago.