Thread: Zeboyd Brings Penny Arcade to Everyone

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Zeboyd Brings Penny Arcade to Everyone

The full title for this game is being omitted because it is even more clunky and obnoxious to write than the nonsense that Square Enix uses for titles these days. Calling it the third Penny Arcade game should be more than adequate.

[Link]

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Leave it to Zeboyd to know how to fill the world with excite.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

A shame they're focusing on Penny Arcade. I just couldn't get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    A shame they're focusing on Penny Arcade. I just couldn't get into it.
    My problem with it was that while it had humor, it didn't have ZEBOYD humor.
    User Database Check

Agreed and I never really liked Penny Arcade, but that wasn't my problem with it. I can't stand starting a new story from the halfway point. I still want to support a dev when deserved, and I liked the other aspects of the game, but when I start a new story I have to follow it from beginning to end. Doing it any other way just bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    My problem with it was that while it had humor, it didn't have ZEBOYD humor.
    Guess I'm slipping because a lot of the jokes in Rain-Slick 3 were mine.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeboyd Games View Post
    D:

I didn't find the humor as good as Cthulhu Saves the World, where I was laughing every new location. It was either due to the description of the enemies, or due to what was said.
    User Database Check

Not your fault. You have a style. Penny Arcade has a style. You essentially tried to emulate their style, and while you made a valiant effort, it just didn't feel quite right.

Since you're here, I do have one valid criticism: the XBLA listing art for the game. It was terrible. A pixelated Gabe and Tycho with their backs to a big "3" on a field a black? What a way to follow-up the unique and eye catching art for Breadth and Cthulhu. PA3 looked like every other forgettable indie game on Live. Heck, it's hard to tell by that art it has anything to do with a game called Penny Arcade Adventures 3 or that it comes from Zeboyd. I thought I was looking at a listing for another Contra rip-off when I clicked the image on Live.
    You don't want to slip up on that front. Stick to the epic looking title art.

Note: I'm aware there is a slightly better version on Live, but 9 times out of 10 when XBLA loaded up that was the art I saw for the game, both in the indie channel and the My Games directory.

I feel left out .... no PSN love for me T_T
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

PSN has a few missteps, such as minimum price, that creates a roadblock for most indie titles. They're getting better, but they're just starting to reel in the indie guys one at a time with a new pilot program. Expect more love on Vita and PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    Since you're here, I do have one valid criticism: the XBLA listing art for the game. It was terrible. A pixelated Gabe and Tycho with their backs to a big "3" on a field a black? What a way to follow-up the unique and eye catching art for Breadth and Cthulhu. PA3 looked like every other forgettable indie game on Live. Heck, it's hard to tell by that art it has anything to do with a game called Penny Arcade Adventures 3 or that it comes from Zeboyd. I thought I was looking at a listing for another Contra rip-off when I clicked the image on Live.
    You don't want to slip up on that front. Stick to the epic looking title art.
    Completely agree with you there. We had another box art that I thought looked much better but Penny Arcade insisted on the minimalistic one instead. Argued with them for a while but eventually gave up.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

Feel free to pass the thread along to Khoo ^.~

Completely agree with you there. We had another box art that I thought looked much better but Penny Arcade insisted on the minimalistic one instead. Argued with them for a while but eventually gave up.
    Ah. Well, deep down inside I didn't think the guy who sent NES box art for Breadth of Death to major gaming websites could have made a mistake like that. It seemed so way out of sorts.