Thread: Fire Emblem Awakens, Paper Mario Stars in New Trailers

Fire Emblem Awakens, Paper Mario Stars in New Trailers

Today's Nintendo Direct might not have revealed a lot of new info, but we did get new trailers. One game is just around the corner, but the other is still a few months off.

Story/Trailers
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Sticker Star is on my wish list. If I don't get it at Christmas, I will stab someone. With my 3DS.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Fire Emblem can't come fast enough...especially since there's MARRIAGE in the game. Meaning I can marry somebody different every time!
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    So very excited for Fire Emblem. Wish we got a more solid date, but this trailer is nice, too. The music was too loud and the voice sample too few to tell if the voice acting is any better in this game than it was in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, though.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

For some odd reason, I lost interest in FE with the Gamecube version.
    ---
    Edit:
    ---
    You are correct. I don't know why I couln't get into it.
    Last edited by Slayer; 10-26-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: loco

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    What caused it exactly? It didn't seem anything different from the other ones.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

To me, Fire Emblem is like an old friend, similar to how the Japanese feel about Dragon Quest. The formula hasn't changed much but if it works fine, why change it? I like the characters types , the battle system- a bit rock paper scissors, but most of all, the tried and trusted good old story of swashbuckling idealists save the world (again) from the evil power-mad Empire/political side, probably awakening some kinda evil Goddess of acopalyse-gimme moar!

New Member Member Panzerazelsaturn's Avatar
    This is some pretty exciting stuff. Fire Emblem is perhaps my favorite series and the new Paper Mario looks like lots of fun, more-so than I expected. I can't wait to actually play something other than the crash happy Harvest Moon game I bought last year for that alpaca plushie! I hope that this Fire Emblem is not too easy or dumbed down at all

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Sticker Star is on my wish list. If I don't get it at Christmas, I will stab someone. With my 3DS.
    Tut tut. If you're going to prod things you should at least use the provided stylus. It's more retractable!

Or better yet stab them with the back-end of an appropriately designed sticker. The right one might leave a longer lasting mark

I kind of fell out of Fire Emblem love a while ago, not because I think they are bad games, but personal skill frustrations and having to make the decisions about replaying battles to try to get through without allowing any of your characters to die. But the trailer has tempted me into giving it another chance.
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V

I kinda know what you mean, in some earlier FE's I found the mage and swordmaster possibly archers types kinda squishy and one wrong move can have them die in couple of hits which normally mean your armoured cavalry pegasi and wyverns end up getting all the level ups. But it's the nature of the beast, the challenge is the fun. If I was brave enough to play X-com again, for instance, I know that reloading a previous save is just inevitable haha.
    Towards the end and a few class changes later, your S-class units are kick-***. I would not worry about character deaths unless you really , really like the character or like a particular ending. In path of Radiance I think that you can replay the whole game again with superior stats a kind of new game plus, so technically you can do it all again to save the guys you feel you missed.