Thread: Ragnarok Odyssey Beginner's Guide

Ragnarok Odyssey Beginner's Guide

Not to be confused with all the Ragnarok games out now, this one is for Vita and is an action RPG. Here are some beginner's tips for those interested in trying it out.

Beginner's Guide
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Yay!! Thank you so much. It'll be alot of help for me since i'm not great at these type of games.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Nice.
    This game sounds interesting.
    BTW, What class did you choose, Mac?
    Or, if you tried many, which did you like best?
    Last edited by Slayer; 10-26-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: loco

I have a question, i know this game is probably focused more on co-op with people online but can you still enjoy the game solo? Is there difficulty settings (easy, normal hard) or is it just based on each mission?
    Also, when you die is there a game over screen or are you taken back to the hub/town? I hope theres no game over.
    Last edited by Ryumoau; 10-29-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: additional question

I have a question, i know this game is probably focused more on co-op with people online but can you still enjoy the game solo?

- I've been progressing completely solo. It wasn't until last night that I was even able to play co-op and it was old missions I was doing to help someone else.

Is there difficulty settings (easy, normal hard) or is it just based on each mission?

- No settings, each mission is ranked by its level of difficulty. Gotta take em as they are.

Also, when you die is there a game over screen or are you taken back to the hub/town? I hope theres no game over.

- No game over, you fail the mission if you die three times or the timer runs out, but you keep all the items you gathered during your session even if you fail.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

No settings, each mission is ranked by its level of difficulty. Gotta take em as they are.
    Actually, there kiiiiiinda is a difficulty setting, sorta. If you accept a quest from the guildhouse, it's pretty much easy/normal mode, whereas if you accept it from the tavern, it's hard/multiplayer mode.

The difference is mostly pretty minimal, but it can definitely be pretty notable in the case of a few missions here and there.

-Tom

Thank you so much for the reply. i feel more confident knowing i get to keep things even if i fail or die. Can't wait till tomorrow. ^_^