Thread: RPGCast - Episode 243: "Gangnam Done Gone"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 243: "Gangnam Done Gone"

RPGCast - Episode 243: "Gangnam Done Gone"

Laharl is coming back for another go. The Old School RPG was apparently too old school. And Charizard is burning up his own 3DS. All this and more on this week's RPG Cast.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/243

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Gangnam Done Gone"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

New Member Member
    I still think this podcast should have been titled "Wii Survived With One ExtraLife"

I was really down for Oppa Gundam Style

As the last person on the planet who hasn't watched the Gangnam Style video, am I going to actually know what the hell it contains to enjoy this episode?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Just go watch it. It's funny.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I was really down for Oppa Gundam Style
    You rang?

Also, for those not aware, I occasionally stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/mechaquin/

With any luck, ZoE HD will arrive on Tuesday, although bear in mind I imported the Japanese version, because the localization for ZoE2 wasn't very good.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

For the Nintendo collection from Ocelot:
    - Reasonably excited for Fire Emblem.

- Excitement for Layton is, shall we say, over 9000. Hell, I'm going digital for it, and it's the only full game I can say that for.

- If there's a God(dish), there will never be a NFC-abusing game from Nintendo because Skylanders will crash this month.

- Comedy "let them make a new IP" option on the franchise to revive question, since my choice won't happen due to Itoi's retirement.

- 3DS games that weren't mentioned but should have been and will be out by November 23: Pushmo/Pullblox, Crashmo, Mutant Mudds, Donkey Kong '94, Mighty Switch Force, Epic Mickey Power of Illusion, Liberation Maiden, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Bit:Trip Saga (if you don't have the Wii games), Tales of the Abyss (if you don't have the PS2 game), The Active Time Rhythm, Rhythm Thief, Adventure Time, Kid Icarus Uprising. Crimson Shroud (Matsuno's Guild01 game) comes out in December.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Looks like I'm no the only one who likens Gangnam Style the to Macarena, heh.

I've always enjoyed handheld gaming, especially in recent years when I had less time to play console games, so I never got into the pick-up-and-play nature of iOS games. My sister, on the other hand, never played many handhelds other than Pokemon (she enjoys console games), but has played many a game on her iPhone. Curiously, she has recently picked up Pokemon Black again as she never completed it and all the buzz around Black 2 and White 2 has resparked her interest. Maybe I can get her interested in The World Ends With You and Devil Survivor Overclocked.

As for a Nintendo IP that I'd like to see revived here's an obsure-ish one: Magical Vacation/Starsign. We never got the first game on the GBA, but I adore the DS sequel that we did get, Magical Starsign (Magical Vacation 2 in Japan). I'd love to see a Magical Vacation 3/Starsign 2 for the 3DS.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

I was going to watch the show today but as soon I was on the internet my friend skyped me and we played BL2 and I had to stream it, it's a shame I missed it I love Gangnam Style, Im well into K-pop now that and vocaloid
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

Fargo is no doubt hiring the scientists to ensure InXile doesn't put anything in the game that will break verisimilitude for those who have some actual knowledge of how nuclear fallout actually works (ie sci-fi enthusiasts who've read a **** load of post-apocalyptic fiction). I remember when No Mutants Allowed put out their Fallout 3 review, one of the complaints they listed was that the central conflict of the game didn't make any sense, since

1. Enough time had passed since the bombs were dropped that radiation would no longer be an issue.

2. You don't actually need some crazy electro-mechanical contraption to purify irradiated water; you can do it by filtering the water through plain old soil.

Since this is Fargo's target audience, he probably figured that making sure he didn't put anything dumb in the game was worth the money. It's probably overkill, he could just hire some actual sci-fi writers, but I guess that doesn't have the same ring to it when you slap it on the back of a box (or news headline).

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Did someone say Gangnam Style?

And really, we should all be used to Manny hyping something up, fervently selling it, and then not liking it anymore.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

New Member Member
    On the discussion of how Windows 8 will effect gaming performance. Here's an article I read which tests out various games including Skyrim and World of Warcraft on Windows 7 and 8. Their conclusion was that there was no significant difference outside 1-2 FPS shifts favoring either 7 or 8. Looks like the biggest difference is that Windows 8 supports the latest version of Direct X, 11.1.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ance,3331.html

Looks like you can hold off until Windows 9 Quin.

I was listening this podcast and there was shmup on Steam that was recomended. But somehow can not make out what's the name of that?

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esuko View Post
    I was listening this podcast and there was shmup on Steam that was recomended. But somehow can not make out what's the name of that?
    Were we referring to the upcoming release of Sine Mora?

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esuko View Post
    Ether Vapor?

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Ether Vapor?
    Indeed. The name may have been mangled by my accent or tendency to drone on.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Hi thanks for the name. This seems like a very interesting shmup. Gona give it a try.