Thread: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - Impression

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - Impression

A New Beginning may have a slow start, but once it gets its mojo going there's tons to explore. See how Sam Marchello's adventures in Echo Village fare in this impression.

Impression!

Thanks for the impression.
    I would like to try this.

I tried to preorder at gamestop last week and they couldn't find it in their system

Yeah, Gamestop's been twitty about it all. The game ended up having a soft release starting Oct 19th (when the Natsume Online Store began shipping) -- Target has been stocking it since the 23rd. Gamestop took it off pre-order so people wouldn't be able to cancel their pre orders; it's on shelves now in almost all stores.

was gamestop the only place to get the yak ? I would get it from Natsume but had credit to burn at gamestop. My girlfriend really loves harvest moon. She wanted me to get the copy with the cow but I don't get paid till thrusday and it looks to be sold out online already

The cow was a limited time offer, and it disappeared on Oct 29th -- technically not sold out. Gamestop pre-orders got yaks; no guarantee if you went into a store now you'd get one. The one in West Pointe Mall (Madison) has a couple left, but you'll need to bug them for it. Natsume's offering the yak with ANB until further notice, so if you're gonna get whapped if you come home with no plushie, order online and use the credit on something else :P

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, Gamestop is pretty slapdash with pre-order bonuses. When I went in to pick up my pre-order, the guy asked me if I wanted a yak. I said yes. He fetched the yak, handed it to me, then asked if I'd pre-ordered. So pretty much those yaks were going to the first people to pick up the game in the store, whether they'd pre-ordered or not.

I like my yak, though. It's very soft, and I think it's cuter than the alpaca.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Will whine for meseta Member SuperHenryJones's Avatar
    Sad day. This marks the first time I won't be getting a pre-order plush from a Harvest Moon game because I don't have a 3DS and I don't have the money to even buy the game and wait to get one. You know, unless I wanted to skimp on Christmas presents and tell my family and friends, "You don't understand! It was so I could get a plush yak! A PLUSH YAK!"
    Like old Henry Jones, but uh...... with an e-mail that hasn't been deactivated for 6 years?

I went into gamestop today and got harvest moon and the yak plushie for the gf and I am now a hero