Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BioWare Montreal Begins Work on New Mass Effect

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

BioWare Montreal Begins Work on New Mass Effect

Is there anyone out there who has not yet voiced outrage over the ending of ME3? Well, prepare to have even more Mass Effect story to quibble over.

[Link]

Blurb courtesy of our staff gaijin.

I don't really understand people's complaints with ME3's ending, Definitely looking forward to how they continue the franchise.

Because it was a classic case of trying too hard with too little to show for an ending five years in the making. If you can't understand that, then at least show the courtesy of allowing people to be dissatisfied with it.

That being said, if they really want to do a Mass Effect 4 that takes place after 3, they'll just wave away the endings.

Just say, "We beat the Reapers.' and make absolutely NO mention of the starbrat, the crucible, or the craptastic endings. It won't force them to make three separate games or using a cop out to make a prequel. Prequels are lame and often used as an excuse because the writers aren't good enough to go forward.

Given the damage caused by fan reaction to the game's ending, I don't believe they deserve the courtesy.

All I know about Mass Effect 4 at this point is a thread started at Bioware's forum by the devs asking the community what we'd want in a sequel.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 11-13-2012 at 12:34 PM.

How about we have a thread that discusses the news and not how much people love or hate the ME3 endings, yeah?

Okay. How about the possibility of Mass Effect as a typical 3rd person shooter?

Moving more towards a twitchy shooter completely turned me off the series actually. Bring on the RPG kthx

I still maintain to retcon the ME3 endings out. You can't damage something that's already ruined, TG.

That way, we can see the galaxy rebuilding. It could also be giving us a chance to see things from something besides as a Spectre. I mean, it'd be kinda cool to see other groups out there. Work in corporate espionage for Binary Helix or any of the other megacorps. Give us chances to see the inner workings of the politics of the various races of the galaxy. That'd be something.

They have mentioned that the whole world of ME3 is far larger then what we've seen. It was part of the Interviews in the ME3 Strategy Guide.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    We still haven't seen much of the sporting culture in the ME universe
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

You can't damage something that's already ruined, TG.
    I wasn't talking about the game.

Moving more towards a twitchy shooter completely turned me off the series actually. Bring on the RPG kthx
    In an interview with some devs they said they wanted the next game to be "more cinematic, more action packed, and more epic"...or something like that. I'm trying to find the page where I saw that interview. Even in the page RPGamer links the director says they're looking at a "new direction, both gameplay and story wise". Throw in EA and this fad to attract CoD players, and I've gotta say it ain't looking too good.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Questions to be answered:

1. Is this in the same galaxy?
    2. If it's the same galaxy, at what time will this take place?
    3. Depending on the time, will we see the reapers or will they just not be there?
    4. Will we see Wrex?
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Based on the answers from the devs in the thread they put up at BSN, I can sort of answer those questions:

1. Yep.
    2. *shrug* Lots of history before ME, lots that can happen afterwards. They don't mind going either way.
    3. They'd like to do something else, but "Nothing is being ruled out" (aside from Shepard, but at the time he/she was still a possibility).
    4. This was asked a lot. The answer is, and I quote: "Maybe".
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 11-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.

God I hope Wrex is in there...I absolutely love him, especially that wisdom and dry humor of his.
    Last edited by DarkRPGMaster; 11-13-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    User Database Check

I'd play a free-roaming space-trading sim set in the Mass Effect universe. Really it's probably the only way we'll ever get another big budget Freelancer-style game that isn't an MMO.

So... the B-team has begun work on a franchise I no longer care about. OK.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

I hope Garrus will be back <3 I would imagine they would do new characters though, especially since any of the existing characters could be dead depending on the playthrough. Maybe a mention or cameo?

Looks like Bioware wants some input as to what direction to take the Mass Effect series:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/bioware...requel-6400376

I'd go with prequel...because how could you possibly make a sequel that takes into effect our decisions from the trilogy, INCLUDING the ending?
    User Database Check

Agreed, yet there are like 5 tweets for a sequel for every 1 tweet for a prequel. Something about having a clean slate and decisions being easier in a blank universe.

I wanna see the Rachni wars and how it led to the war between the Krogan and Turians.