Thread: 32 Screens - Dragon Quest VII Remake

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

32 Screens - Dragon Quest VII Remake

A boy with a green hat and his friends have set out on a lengthy adventure, and must brave terrible monsters and brain-wracking puzzles along the way. Well, some of those monsters are slimes and golden golems, which aren't so bad, but the puzzles look like they might be tricky.

[32 Screens]
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 11-14-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Pretty much...
    Wow, that is quite the update!

Nice. That really is a wow kind of difference.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Yeah the game definitely looks more visually appealing than it did on the PS1. However, I kind of shy away from the Dragon Quest games because of the requirement to grind and because they tend to be long. I'm sure they're great games to some but I guess I don't have the patience for them. It's too bad because it looks great.
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, if you think Dragon Quest games go on too long, this is the longest of them all.

I'm going to have to play it, myself, especially with the lovely fresh coat of paint it's got.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I remember sinking 100 hours into this game, and not coming close to finishing everything.

The class system in this is genius, and I love the whole way the world works. Definitely getting this!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Yeah, if you think Dragon Quest games go on too long, this is the longest of them all.

I'm going to have to play it, myself, especially with the lovely fresh coat of paint it's got.
    Just getting to where you can access the job system is like the length of many average RPGs

Totally would buy this
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

*glares at Nintendo to localize this since S-E's American branch has pretty much given up on the franchise*

I would love to play this! I wish it would come onto the Wii virtual console though. Then I would really be excited. One of the few Dragon Quest games I haven't played, and I've been hovering over a retro play through on the psx because the price of the game is actually pretty high. Maybe its time I got a 3DS...
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I remember playing this title years ago... and definitely enjoying it.

I will most likely check it out shortly after release.

This is the game that would have me purchasing a 3DS, if it comes out in the US. 7 is the only Dragon Quest I have not played
    Bean Forever

I didn't realize they were putting some actual effort into this remake. If they do something about the glacial pacing, then maybe it'll be worth giving it another chance.

Seriously though, 3DS? Urgh.

Wow. It has all the nostalgic design of the original only greatly updated graphics. This is so wonderful - it's even much better than I expected. I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Drav View Post
    I didn't realize they were putting some actual effort into this remake. If they do something about the glacial pacing, then maybe it'll be worth giving it another chance.

Seriously though, 3DS? Urgh.
    Damn, your avatar is CREEPY!

Its not a matter of if the game will be localized by when and despite my PS1 final save around 110 hours 10 to 12 of those was from the start of the game to the time Job Class changes are possible.

This one was a miss for me back on the PS1. I got it at release, and I started with fond memories of my DW3 days and such. The game just wound up seeming incredibly tedious, and the sense of progression while trying to build classes (which had that quirky tiered system) was phlegmatic compared to the old jobs in DW3 (or our more recent DS release). I don't think a fresh coat of paint would be enough for this one.

Also, I found the story dull and plodding as well, but maybe that's just where the state of characterization & plotting was in jrpgs circa release. It's the only Dragon Quest game I've actively disliked.