Thread: RPGCast - Episode 246: "Cool"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 246: "Cool"

RPGCast - Episode 246: "Cool"

You're so cool, baby. You know you're the best at talking to demons in SMT IV. You know you're gonna get that PokÚdex on the Japanese iOS App Store. You even know who's gonna write that Deus Ex movie. But why did you have to call my merger a disaster? That...that just wasn't...cool.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/246

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Cool"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Kaneko isn't doing the art for SMTIV. Like all Megaten games they're using all of his old demon designs, but the character designs are being done by Masayuki Doi, and there are some new (hideous) demon designs by Tamotsu Shinohara. Who knows what Kaneko is doing instead.

When it comes to the Question of the Week, my rule is usually 4 good exclusives or one must-have game (Smash Brothers Brawl and Pokemon have both served this role before). It's why I don't have a Vita... I want to play Gravity Rush and P4Golden, but it needs two more and I don't think the Vita will get them before the PS4 hits and Sony pulls the plug. Especially when it's being outsold 47:1 in certain weeks in Japan.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I have to disagree with Manny about patches. The high prices are probably the only thing keeping console gaming from completely going the PC route of "screw QA, we'll patch later," for most companies. We already see day-one patches to address multiplayer issues, or in the case of games like Medal of Honor: Warfighter, to make the game playable. If anything, I feel that patching should be more restrictive. There needs to be more incentive for companies to release a game in a playable state the first damned time.

As to the Vita, Sony needs to make the games internally at this point. 3rd parties in the west are mostly uninterested in handhelds, either because they've bought into the idea that $0.99 throwaways on iOS are the future or because the console space is more lucrative for them, and Japanese 3rd parties seem more interested in the 3DS than the Vita. Sony's going to have to make the convincing argument for the Vita first-party, because 3rd parties aren't on their side, at least not yet.

Worst game I've played this year? By far, Resistance: Burning Skies, which was developed by Black Ops: Declassified developer Nihilistic. Coincidence? I think not.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Actually, the description of Paper Mario: Sticker Star fits pretty well with Ragnarok Odyssey as well. Except that you HAVE to do dull battles to get items for weapon upgrades which will be your only way to get stronger until the next chapter. I hate it. It makes the later bosses such drags even in full 4-man parties. I can't say I'm that disappointed though, the Game Arts of these days are far off the people who brought me Lunar and Grandia. Their other outing on the PS Vita, Dokuro, shoved that fact up my face by being among the most vapid and frustrating games of this year. WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    When it comes to getting a new system, I either wait for 3-4 exclusives I'm interested in, or if something happens to a system I own and the newer one is backwards compatibly. For instance, I bought my 3DS last year, but it's only been recently that there have been enough exclusives to interest me. However my DS Lite broke, and I figured I may as well get the newer system.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

When a system has games that I want to get, at a price that I can afford; I'll get it. Not before.

Just a head's up there will be no podcast this week (our apologies we forgot to mention it), as we are out of town! Happy thanksgiving :P

Oh, just wanted to thank Chris for mentioning me during the music section. It brought a smile to my face. And I still recommend the World of Goo soundtrack.

This is the kind of music that makes so-called epic soundtracks weep.