Thread: NISA Brings Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory in March

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

NISA Brings Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory in March

The colorful story of goddesses who fight to protect the world of Gamindustri continues its unbroken track record of being localized. It would be nice if certain other RPG series could be this reliable.

[Link]

Instant preorder for me. I have most of NISA's games sealed. They aren't without their charms though. Love/Hate.

i'll be getting this and the mk2 game....eventually. The beginning of next year is crowded release wise and choosing between this and say Etrian Odyssey 4 I'm going to have to pass.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

Surprised to see they are continiung this series. Are these games actually selling well or are they fine with selling only a couple hundred copies, since the budget for these games are so low?
    That first game was god aweful. It actually made me actively dislike like the current crop of jrpgs hitting ps3 till Graces F came along earlier this year.
    Last edited by Ryumoau; 12-13-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryumoau View Post
    Surprised to see they are continiung this series. Are these games actually selling well or are they fine with selling only a couple hundred copies, since the budget for these games are so low?
    That first game was god aweful. It actually made me actively dislike like the current crop of jrpgs hitting ps3 till Graces F came along earlier this year.
    The second game is much improved over the first, though it wasnt QUITE as funny. The series has done quite well in Japan, though I don't know how well the NA versions have been doing. Well enough to keep localizing, I suppose.

The series has become my guilty pleasure. As god awful as the first one was, it was hilarious, and the second game was actually fairly fun to play as well. Crossing my fingers that they don't drop the ball for this one.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    This is one of those series that I plan to totally get into after my dream comes true and I have tons more time for games. I can't wait!
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Against my better judgement (and the review scores) I am currently playing the first Hyperdimension Neptunia and I actually kind of enjoy it. It's best to play in small doses, but I'm getting sucked in. Everytime it gets dull, some cheesy writing will get me laughing and keep me playing. The fact that dungeons are really small (like three battles per at the early stages) really keep the pace alive. Not sure if I can keep it up for sixty hours though. Thankfully I guess MK2 is much shorter, which fits the series better IMO. V looks fun. Glad the series has some legs...no pun intended. (Now I feel dirty)
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

I am currently playing mk.2
    Despite some small issues, I like the game.
    After turkey day NISA put the game on sale for $30.00.
    Last edited by Slayer; 12-15-2012 at 11:17 AM.

I think NISA pretty much has a good niche carved out where when they release a game like this, they can count on x amount of sales. I hope that continues! I haven't gotten into Neptunia yet, but mk2 is on my list for next year followed by this!
    Bean Forever