Thread: TERA Goes Free to Play in February

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar

TERA Goes Free to Play in February

Well that didn't take long. TERA is going free to play starting in February, but you can still pay for it if you really want to. If you're upset, they're giving existing subscribers free stuff to make up for it, because who doesn't like more mounts?

OMG TERA FOR FREE
    Last edited by noodle; 01-14-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Took longer then even I thought it would actually. Still surprised Rift hasn't gone FTP yet
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Old news. Even F2P I still don't feel motivated to play it. It has nothing unique to it other than being an action RPG in an open world environment and alone from watching videos of it I get bored of the combat. And from what I heard all quests are just generic "go kill monsters" quests. There are plenty of better action MMORPGs already. And I rather play unique games anyway, like The Secret World which also went B2P lately. And soon Phantasy Star Online 2 will be released in NA/EU. And Wizardry Online is also coming. So I decided to pass this one out.

The only big plus of Tera is that it has well integrated gamepad support.

they announced it when i was playing TERA last week, but sometimes we just don't have time to get news articles up right away.

what keeps me coming back to TERA is i love the world and i love the gameplay. the combat is the best part because it's true action. if you want boring combat you can play any other MMO. i'm level 36 and i'm loving the storyline and being a sorc.
    Last edited by noodle; 01-15-2013 at 10:49 AM.

But see, if I want open world exploration I play TSW. If I want action combat I play one of the instanced action MMORPGs like let's say Dragon Nest. Combat in Dragon Nest is really fast and fun.

yeah i played dragon nest at E3. it was fun, but in TERA i can do fantastic spells and skillchain them. i kill things with fire and ice. but mostly fire.

is there a rpgamer server or guild ?