Thread: Disgaea and Disgaea 2 Arrive on PSN

Disgaea and Disgaea 2 Arrive on PSN

We should warn any arithmophobes in the audience that these PSN releases have a lot of numbers in. No, really, do not play these games if you are arithmophobic.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    That reminds me, I DO need to go through all the games again, though the first one will haunt me due to the sheer grindiness it had (or felt like). Disgaea 2, not so much.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Disgaea 1 is pretty fun, but the item world really sucked. So many dead ends no matter what you had character wise. Something that was fixed as each sequel came out.

Disgaea 2 is pretty fun, but getting the maps in the item world to open the land of chaos is not something I will ever, ever try to do again. It was also nice to have a punching main character for the movement possibilities. Some pretty cool people in it, all in all, especially Etna! Eeee!

If I were to get either again, I'd probably look for the PSP versions rather than the PS2 ones. Especially with the added content to D1. But it's nice to have the option to download since we're gonna be hitting the game up later in the year.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

SCORE! I love digital re-releases of games I didn't particularly love, but still like to own some day. I can also sell my copy of D2 now.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 01-15-2013 at 11:44 AM.

i only played alittle of Disgaea 4 and didn't like it at all. but glad others enjoy these.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Of course it was easier to release D1 and D2 as PS2 Ports and not the PSP enhanced Ports.

As a fan I am a little torn about this. People trying NOW to get into Disgaea games would be better of with the PSP Versions. More content (story) classes, mechanics and fixes.

As both games are a bit hardcore (grinding and stat-bonanza) this would probably smooth things over a bit.

I understand that the PSP versions are the "best" versions. But the ability to play these on a big tv is awful tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    Disgaea 1 is pretty fun, but the item world really sucked. So many dead ends no matter what you had character wise. Something that was fixed as each sequel came out.

Disgaea 2 is pretty fun, but getting the maps in the item world to open the land of chaos is not something I will ever, ever try to do again. It was also nice to have a punching main character for the movement possibilities. Some pretty cool people in it, all in all, especially Etna! Eeee!

If I were to get either again, I'd probably look for the PSP versions rather than the PS2 ones. Especially with the added content to D1. But it's nice to have the option to download since we're gonna be hitting the game up later in the year.
    It's kind of funny because the sheer randomness is one of the things that made D1's item world the most addicting for me. Don't get me wrong, I love all the things you can do with the mystery gates and Spheres that have accumulated as of D4. However the actual item world levels are small and bland. The pure chaos of the original really gave it a feeling of adventure. Also you could get the hyper drive and teleport. Once they "fixed it" there was no longer any need for it so it went away.... Which I guess is a good argument for the item worlds int eh new games being much better designed.
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>