Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Square Enix Debuts All the Bravest

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Square Enix Debuts All the Bravest

Square Enix really loves Apple devices these days. This latest iOS game may be worthy of note due to the involvement of some of TWEWY's directors and the return of the famous Active Time Battle system.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Looks like a cheap RPG maker game that ripped FF graphics and put them randomly together lol.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    I kind of want but not sure why

Looks like it could be fun, though, I don't think it looks any less RPG Makerish than Dimensions did and if I remember correctly, you were actually interested in that game Rya.
    Zerase ^_^

Recently Finished: Suikoden II
    Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Final Fantasy V

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Color me intrigued.... If I can have a massive army of ff heroes, I will definitely sink some bucks into it. I saw a few in there, Setzer, and Cloud. As long as they don't limit how many heroes can be in the party at a time

Looks like a cheap RPG maker game that ripped FF graphics and put them randomly together lol.
    I think calling it an RPG Maker game gives it too much credit. I don't think it's a full blown RPG at all, just a series of battles taking place in a mash-up of classic FF settings.

I saw a few in there, Setzer, and Cloud. As long as they don't limit how many heroes can be in the party at a time
    It sounds like the only limitation is your luck and the money it will cost you to get those characters. It sounds like the character you get is determined randomly.

[s]"...you will die here and I will continue to live for eternity!"[/s]
    "I, Garland, will knock you all down!"
    There, FTFY.

Board formatting fail.

Battle system reminds me of Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes.

Color me unimpressed. They could have done better. They should do better.

Yet another freemium game? pass. The trailer makes this look like a mess... I can't tell if you actually play this, or watch it.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    But Ocelot, the ATB never left FF. Also, this looks MEH to me. Plus well, 40 characters? TOO MUCH.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Stop making IOS games and focus on a 2D game for a handheld that has sprites of old and new games to the series. Make a silly plot, make it micro-manageable, fully customization-able, with nostalgic music and other Easter eggs.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!

Square Enix doesn't get it. All they need to do is make an old-school Final Fantasy sequel (like Megaman 9) and release it on a console or the 3DS, and I will buy it. Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard.

Well, at this point the market is bigger on IOS, so you can't really blame them.

Unfortunately I'm on Android so I can't really participate, not that this was on my radar anyways.

It looks like they might have a team devoted to pushing out these mobile games now. Interesting, it must be a pretty solid money maker for them.

Edit: Just saw the staff list. Apparently Hiroyuki Ito co-directed. Lol.
    Last edited by Typho; 01-16-2013 at 05:05 PM.

It looks like a weird fan-made rom hack, but it looks cool. I see some familiar sprites in the trailer...Ashe, Lightning, Cloud...wonder who else will be there?

from what i have heard it is basically a button masher or in this case a tapping masher. On a side not there is a rumor that SE might be making a handheld console that has touch screens on all sides and all these iphone games may be testing the market for these types of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Typho View Post
    Well, at this point the market is bigger on IOS, so you can't really blame them.

Unfortunately I'm on Android so I can't really participate, not that this was on my radar anyways.

It looks like they might have a team devoted to pushing out these mobile games now. Interesting, it must be a pretty solid money maker for them.

Edit: Just saw the staff list. Apparently Hiroyuki Ito co-directed. Lol.
    I always find it odd that the iOS gets the focus, when the number of android users is a vastly larger share of the smartphone/tablet user-base. I hear arguments about the wide variety of hardware, but thats the same thing that PC devs have dealt with for years. Perhaps its because android users usually demand a lower price-point than the apple users that are used to paying through the nose for the same thing (in a prettier package). Still, most of it comes to android eventually now, at least from SquareEnix. And its cheaper - FF Dimensions is only $20 as a single package, which is about half the price as iOS I believe. So I wont complain too much.

Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    Perhaps its because android users usually demand a lower price-point than the apple users that are used to paying through the nose for the same thing (in a prettier package)..
    This is pretty much what I've heard. Of course, it's all presumption at this point. The only thing we have are anecdotal theories from individual developers who say that their iOS revenue greatly exceeds Android, despite Android's greater market share.

Some people have described it as, Apple users are "more likely to pay for their apps." As if somehow Android users are opposed to the idea. Kind of like Linux vs Windows users, maybe.

Of course, the market is still relatively new. It's already more equal than, say, Mac vs. PC gaming. So maybe we will see it equalize more as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Typho View Post
    Some people have described it as, Apple users are "more likely to pay for their apps." As if somehow Android users are opposed to the idea. Kind of like Linux vs Windows users, maybe.
    Thing there is, The only way to not pay for your apps on iOS is to jailbreak your iphone or ipad, so the vast majority of people will pay instead of jailbreaking. On Android you can pretty much find them anywhere online and install and play them.

Square... you're doing it wrong.... again!