Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Square Enix Debuts All the Bravest

Quote Originally Posted by Savorien View Post
    I'll just park this here.

Love this.... so very true. I miss the days when I would buy everything Square put out because it was all good and worth playing. Now? They don't port out what I want to play (FF Typo 0, Bravely Default) and do give us...... this sh*t?

I am not wild about iOS games, would rather play on a proper platform, but did enjoy FF Dimensions. But this.... this..... ugh.

I’ll make you a deal, SE. When you first have an idea for a game like this, tell us how much we need to send you not to make it.

This looks like an abortion.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconNooB View Post
    This looks like an abortion.
    Well, it SHOULD have been aborted.

It's more like what you'd get if you aborted a whole load of good games, then mixed all the resultant pulp together into some kind of sludge.

Nah, visually it's actually pretty fun to watch. If I didn't already know it wasn't a real game I would probably want to play it. Of course the "game" version of this already exists, and was called Ogre Battle.
    Last edited by Drav; 01-20-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Square staff list:

DIRECTOR
    Tatsuya Kando

CO-DIRECTOR
    Hiroyuki Ito

LEAD GAME DESIGNER
    Kyohei Suzuki

LEAD ARTIST
    Naomi Sanada

PRODUCTION MANAGER
    Naoki Iwata

PUBLICITY PRODUCER
    Kakuko Obinata

PRODUCER
    Ichiro Hazama

CREATIVE PRODUCER & ORIGINAL CONCEPT
    Tetsuya Nomura

That last part explains a lot...

Anyway, this lead game designer, Kyohei Suzuki, seems to be a new employee because I can't find many credits on him. Tatsuya Kando is better known as the director of TWEWY. Ichiro Hazama's first role as producer was on Theatrhythm.

Square Enix also handled the audio internally. However, it seems a studio called BitGroove was hired to do the programming and graphics. It's evident from their works list that they specialize in mobile gaming and applications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-s8x98#t=2363s

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    KANDA! GIVE US TWEWY2! THE FANS DEMAND IT! And well...it would probably sell well if you made it as good as the first one.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Great... so Square Enix have the director of TWEWY working on this complete dross.... that's almost as bad as Konami having Silent Hill's writers working on mobile girl's games...
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

chaotic neutral observer ironmage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    KANDA! GIVE US TWEWY2! THE FANS DEMAND IT! And well...it would probably sell well if you made it as good as the first one.
    Seconded. TWEWY is one of the best games from S/E in recent years. But a good sequel needs to be a love-letter to the fans of the original, not an attempt to monetize existing IP while growing the audience by increasing accessibility (which is what I'm coming to expect from S/E).

Quote Originally Posted by ironmage View Post
    not an attempt to monetize existing IP while growing the audience by increasing accessibility (which is what I'm coming to expect from S/E).
    Are we talking about Solo Remix now?

At least I hear the battle system seems poorer for those who have played the original. (I haven't actually played it myself.)

But back to FF:ATB:- I guess I could imagine where they were trying to go with this; a themed puzzle game with a pay-to-win scheme could appeal to quite a few people.

But if so, they should have been more subtle with those costs and/or made them more optional. (Again I haven't played this either, so I might be mistaken here.)
    E.g. A shop where (unrealistic amounts of) in-game currency buys the characters/etc, while real-life cash is a devious shortcut to that currency.

The other issue sounds like a lack of strategy (excluding the grinding?), which any decent puzzle game needs to be any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    There's no way Ito had a serious hand in making this crap. Co-Director indeed. I bet his only role was to supervise the implementation of ATB since he created it.
    Actually there are two Hiroyuki Itous there. This is the one we don't care about.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Ahh, I see.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.