Thread: Get the Tourist's View of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Get the Tourist's View of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Any RPGamers who are eager to try Etrian Odyssey IV will get their chance a bit earlier than expected. This chance to experience your first catastrophic descent into a dungeon full of FOEs won't even cost anything.

[Link]

How does the 3DS e-Shop work? Are full games available? Will we be able to download the full game in February?

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    How does the 3DS e-Shop work? Are full games available? Will we be able to download the full game in February?
    The eShop has download-only games, retail games, trailers, screenshots, and demos all available. I don't quite know if Etrian Odyssey IV will get an eShop release, but there is a very good chance it will, especially since Nintendo is making a big push for that (all of Nintendo's own games are being made available that way).

From an email that Atlus sent out today:

"It also lets you carry all that progress into the full game, whether you purchase it at retail or Nintendo eshop."

So yes, it'll be on sale digitally.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

I've been tempted to make that jump to go to downloading retail games. I enjoy having the package, and I like the option to get it on sale, but the convenience and inevitable direction of the medium makes it seem like the right thing to just get used to. I never sell games anyway.

I'm actually surprised by how little space the 3DS games take up on the SD card as well. I think my SD card has something like 100,000 "blocks", and the games I've looked at were around 4000 "blocks". I could conceive of making almost my entire 3DS library download. Now granted, currently there are only around a dozen or so games that are retail for download, and most of them are Nintendo.

Yeah, this will be downloadable and I think Fire Emblem as well. I'm glad they let you bring your save into the main game.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral

Considering retail 3DS games save all their data onto the cards, I don't see how you'll be able to carry your progress from the demo onto the full game. I don't deny it, I just don't get it. Can someone explain this to me?

3DS games can save and access extra data on the SD card as well. Usually this is for Streetpass, but it can be used to pick up demo data.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups