Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Live

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Live

Who doesn't enjoy a good old-fashioned MMORPG beta? The joy of discovery, the misery of the bugs, the ability to lord one's beta tester status over one's friends...

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm probably one of the biggest TES fans around, ever since opening my shiny new copy of Arena in '94. But I just can't get excited for this game. And while this is Zenimax rather than Bethesda, I know how buggy TES games are single player... I wouldn't be surprised if it takes two years of beta to iron out most of them. I think I'm fine waiting and seeing a lot more detail and reviews, and wait to see how they plan to monetize this. Hopefully it is good, but I'll wait.

For all that it's pretty (though a bit monochromatic), that trailer does not stir me. Hmm.

(re: buggy..... I doubt that an MMO by a different company is using Beth's same buggy engine from MW/OB/FO3/SK.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiralyn View Post
    (re: buggy..... I doubt that an MMO by a different company is using Beth's same buggy engine from MW/OB/FO3/SK.)
    Eh, they've had several engines over the years, and they have actually been getting less buggy with each iteration, excluding Arena. Daggerfall, despite being my favorite in the series, is almost unplayable in some ways. It almost wouldn't be a TES game if it wasn't full of bugs of all varieties.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Signed up! And can't wait.

I said the same thing about Star Wars and SWTOR.... neither of those lasted...

Maybe Elder Scrolls? MAYBE!

I'm not usually a contrarian, but the attitude about the TES MMO has been so chilly, I'm willing to give it a chance just on the grounds that I won't be able to trust negative reviews not to be, you know, just part of the circlejerk.