Thread: Active Time Belligerence - Currents

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff InstaTrent's Avatar

Active Time Belligerence - Currents

In this issue of Currents, RPGamer reacts to Final Fantasy: ATB, EA's Gabrielle Toledano comments on women in the video game industry, and same sex relationships in SWtOR raise questions. Oh, GREE also shatters dreams.

CURRENTS
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Love how we're now getting 'issues' like this. Pray tell, when will we see the next Current, next month possibly?
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    Love how we're now getting 'issues' like this. Pray tell, when will we see the next Current, next month possibly?
    Hey DarkRPGMaster,

As of the start of this year, I'm the new Currents host. Currents is being reintroduced to RPGamer as a biweekly column, so you can expect another issue the week after next.
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."

Sounds good. I'll be awaiting it.
    User Database Check

Maybe it should be called Re-Currents this time. It just keeps coming back.

Currents: Revengeance

Seriously though, you'll see a consistent biweekly posting schedule moving forward.
    Last edited by InstaTrent; 01-23-2013 at 06:09 AM.

I think abortion was the wrong term there. I think he meant aberration.

Personally I think it's a new crowning achievement to gaming stupidity
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Seems THQ also bit it this week. Can't say when I last bought something by THQ or Atari though, so I don't see much of a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Seems THQ also bit it this week. Can't say when I last bought something by THQ or Atari though, so I don't see much of a loss.
    i was sad, mainly because of the WWE games. But it seems 2K has acquired the rights the that gaming franchise. Would also like to see Darksiders find a new home too.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Unfortunately, absolutely nobody bid on Vigil (the Darksiders people). There's a slim chance the franchise will still find a home... apparently Platinum is making noises about possibly acquiring it now that it's likely to be priced super-cheap, but who knows if any of the original staff would still be involved?

There's an interesting kerfuffle going on around the South Park game. Ubisoft bought the rights to publish the game off of THQ, but the South Park company is filing a suit to try to keep the rights to find a new publisher itself. I have a feeling the legal wrangle means that the game probably won't be coming out in March, even if it's done. Poor Obsidian.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Unfortunately, absolutely nobody bid on Vigil (the Darksiders people). There's a slim chance the franchise will still find a home... apparently Platinum is making noises about possibly acquiring it now that it's likely to be priced super-cheap, but who knows if any of the original staff would still be involved?

There's an interesting kerfuffle going on around the South Park game. Ubisoft bought the rights to publish the game off of THQ, but the South Park company is filing a suit to try to keep the rights to find a new publisher itself. I have a feeling the legal wrangle means that the game probably won't be coming out in March, even if it's done. Poor Obsidian.
    A couple of extra months to QA isn't going to hurt. ESPECIALLY since it's Obsidian
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Sounds like Matt and Trey don't trust Ubisoft on it.
    User Database Check

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    Sounds like Matt and Trey don't trust Ubisoft on it.
    Well, the lawsuit was filed before the auction, so unless they've said anything specific since, it's not personal towards Ubisoft, it's about the South Park company having a say over where its property goes. For all we know, the companies will have a chat and make a deal, which would result in more money for both companies and less going towards the lawyers. Ubisoft really isn't that bad a choice to publish the game... at least it'll probably market it and won't stuff it full of DLC or something.

Aaaand Crytek saved the core team of Vigil Games, opening a USA studio in Austin with them.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/28/392...ers-developers

Doesn't look like they'll be doing Darksiders unless Crytek also buys up the IP, but awesome that the team will still be working.