Thread: Dragon's Dogma Will Arise Again in April

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Dragon's Dogma Will Arise Again in April

Capcom's dark fantasy RPG will be getting even darker with the upcoming release of Dark Arisen. To survive, the Arisen may need more Pawns than you could find in a chess tournament.

[Link]

Awesome birthday present
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

If fixing the awful FPS problems of the original comes under these new features I might consider buying it.

Day one purchase for me. I'm in love with this game.

Although the combat was very fun in Dragons Dogma I found myself getting bored with the game overall and basically had to force myself to finish it. Not sure if i'll be purchasing the expansion or not. I wish Capcom would have just revived the Breath of Fire series.

This release sounds like a "Super" Street Fighter situation, where they release a new disc with the new AND old content on it, but no DLC equivalent (unless you count downloading the full game from a game-on-demand thing as DLC). So, the new content sounds good, but the fact I bought a friend a copy for around full price a month back (and I own it as well) and I'm looking at a full-price $40 expansion for a game I already own is a bit... unwieldy.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    I'm kind of surprised they're not releasing an append disk version as well, like Atlus did with Persona 3 FES.

I still haven't gotten around to playing the original.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I found the original very painful to play.... not sure if I will go back to it any time soon. So I doubt I will be looking into this expansion.

Dunno about the states, but this is looking cheap in the UK- currently 13 pre-order at amazon. Given that it includes the full original content, looks like a good deal. By the way, if anyone's played it, does it feel like Monster Hunter with a more dark fantasy / western slant, or am I barking up the wrong tree? I presume the "open world" is more a large arena rather than lots of towns / quests like Elder Scrolls?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    It really feels more like a bunch of guys at Capcom liked The Elder Scrolls series so much that they decided to try their hand at something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    This release sounds like a "Super" Street Fighter situation, where they release a new disc with the new AND old content on it, but no DLC equivalent (unless you count downloading the full game from a game-on-demand thing as DLC). So, the new content sounds good, but the fact I bought a friend a copy for around full price a month back (and I own it as well) and I'm looking at a full-price $40 expansion for a game I already own is a bit... unwieldy.
    Dragon's Dogma isn't on the disc though, only Dark Arisen. It states that you can play Dark Arisen without owning the vanilla version.

edit: Actually looks like I read it wrong.