Thread: Aksys Revives Muramasa

Aksys Revives Muramasa

The original Muramasa had a few bumps in the road as far as its localization. With the new Vita version, Aksys Games is getting a chance to right those wrongs.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I've rarely been happier about starting a game I had almost finished over from scratch. (I finished the normal endings of both sides of Muramasa, but hadn't gone on to the true ending where you forge every sword.)

I just bought the wii version a few months ago for like $10 and only tried it for 10 minutes because of my backlog. If I had a Vita I'd totally get this version since it looks a lot nicer.

Would be interested if the localization was better. The story in the original one felt pretty bad (and I gather it made more sense and was more funny in the Japanese version)

Quote Originally Posted by Aurian View Post
    Would be interested if the localization was better. The story in the original one felt pretty bad (and I gather it made more sense and was more funny in the Japanese version)
    Aksys is relocalizing the entire game.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    So happy to see this game get the proper localization effort it deserves. The original release was a tragedy. Such a good game, but such an awful translation.

Can't wait! And if those DLC characters are actually full scenarios, I am all over those
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Definitely buying this, I would be in just for a better translation much less the new extras.

A new translation and remapping the jump to a face button instead of UP on the D-pad sounds great!
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Aksys is relocalizing the entire game.
    But with how much quality? It would have to be significantly better for me to buy the game again.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurian View Post
    But with how much quality? It would have to be significantly better for me to buy the game again.
    They could half-*** the job and it would still be better than Ignition's horrible job.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Everything Ignition does has the quality of a dumpster fire though so that's not saying much.

Those new characters better be full scenarios if it's paid DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    Everything Ignition does has the quality of a dumpster fire though so that's not saying much.

Those new characters better be full scenarios if it's paid DLC.
    I believe it's one DLC with 4 characters and their scenarios.

EDIT: Yeah, Here we go.

The upcoming Japanese DLC, Genroku Kaikitan, will also be localized and available for purchase soon after the game's release. This meaty DLC adds four additional characters to the game, each with a new scenario to play through.
    Source
    Last edited by Frozenbabylon; 02-09-2013 at 11:11 PM.