Thread: RPGCast - Episode 253: "Set Podcast To Stun"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 253: "Set Podcast To Stun"

RPGCast - Episode 253: "Set Podcast To Stun"

Star Trek Online is celebrating its third anniversary, but we uncover the sordid coverup that lies between the game's aft nacelles. Also, you can now spend $200 on an unreleased Neverwinter game. Get your Draggle and download Skyrim's soundtrack, but then be sure to come back for this week's RPG Cast!

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/253

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Set Podcast To Stun"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

President of Soft Paws SeraphimKitten's Avatar
    Well, I made it to the point where you started talking about starships and then I dozed off. As much as I love RPGCast, this is the episode that made me miss the hour-long discussion of MMOs. On the up side, I slept pretty well!

I think we can sum up Manny's question for EA and Japan with "HEY GAME INDUSTRY WHY YOU NO GET DLC?"

Also, now that there's going to be a massive Sony troll on February 20, it's time for a round of RPGamer Dead Pool. My three questions for the PS4/420:
    1) Which one will have the biggest set of hardware issues - Sony, who's inability to get launch hardware right is a running gag (upside down PS1s, DRE and YLOD) or Microsoft who's coming off the red ring of death?

2) Will both systems get delayed into 2014, or will one of them manage to soft-launch one before the end of the year? (I say both in 2014, Microsoft fired the guy who gets stuff done last year, which gives Sony the option to say "Yeah, we're delaying to try and wring some last profit out of the PS3".)

3) Given that we've lost 160 developers since the PS3 launch, and development budgets are only going to get worse, which major publisher goes down? I say EA, they're betting on the two markets most likely to fall apart. And karma for killing everything from Origin to Bioware has to come at some point.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimKitten View Post
    Well, I made it to the point where you started talking about starships and then I dozed off. As much as I love RPGCast, this is the episode that made me miss the hour-long discussion of MMOs. On the up side, I slept pretty well!
    Someone poked the nerd hive.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

President of Soft Paws SeraphimKitten's Avatar
    Okay, I made it through the starship section. My vote for best starship would be the P Flonxor X of Disgaea 4 fame, my wife's vote would be the Starship Titanic from Douglas Adams's Starship Titanic (written by Terry Jones).

Your wife has excellent taste.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    My favorite starship would have to be the Nirvana from the anime Vandread. It has a sleek design, gets an awesome character-development-based powerup in the Second Stage (second season), and its fuel source is not only sentient, but undergoes its own character development.

nirvana.jpg
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    My favourite starship is noodle-approved! (What can I say, I'm not really one for sci-fi.)

Kirby_star_21.jpg

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance