Thread: Staff Review - Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Staff Review - Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection

This isn't just a Sting game, this is a Super Sting game. Read on to see if this collaboration with Idea Factory is worthy of the adjective.

[ Review ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I love St!ng, but I'm waiting for a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I love St!ng, but I'm waiting for a sale.
    I am growing to love Sting. I looked into this game when it first was announced, and I was not interested. I am probably going to pick it up down the road myself, even at the full $20 price tag. I just want to support the PSP because I know there are a lot of good games in Japan that could still come over here. Wishful thinking, yeah, but I'll do my part.

I figure I'll get to it summer-ish. Will probably end up liking it, too, because I've always found Sting games to be more enjoyable to play than look at online.
    Bean Forever

Er, just a note:

"PSP owners could be forgiven for hoping that the system could go out with one last hurrah. Here, however, this feels like the system is going out with little more than a shrug."

You do realize this isn't the last English-language PSP game, right? Aksys Games announced Sweet Fuse last week, for both digital and UMD release. Natsume, too, announced Mystic Chronicles and Carnage Heart EXA. And there could very well be others.

This kind of reminds me of how the Wii has had, like, 6 "swan songs" already.

-Tom

Also Carnage Heart EXA, which is scheduled to be out in April. Like I said on Twitter, right now if you can find a publisher willing to work with you, it's a buyer's market for localization -- and with reasonable prices combined with numerous factors such as PS+ coming to Vita, there's never been a better time for a digital only release.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrdwad View Post
    Er, just a note:

"PSP owners could be forgiven for hoping that the system could go out with one last hurrah. Here, however, this feels like the system is going out with little more than a shrug."

You do realize this isn't the last English-language PSP game, right? Aksys Games announced Sweet Fuse last week, for both digital and UMD release. Natsume, too, announced Mystic Chronicles and Carnage Heart EXA. And there could very well be others.

-Tom
    Hopefully there are more and more. I think with the PSP it is a little less balanced than other systems, because games just kept coming out in Japan even with the Vita already out. I'm not sure what caused that, but usually when a system is replaced the support quickly fades for the most part. Or you get games released on both platforms, with the new platform looking obviously better. Last year my head was spinning with the amount of good looking games coming out on PSP in Japan.

Of course, all that damages the Vita in my opinion.
    Bean Forever

Has this topic gone a bit off-topic?
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrdwad View Post
    Er, just a note:

-Tom
    Well, I meant it as more referring to this particular "swan song" than overall - I know from experience with the Wii about meaning it too finally because it kept doing the same to my previous blurbs/conclusions there too :P
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)