Thread: Eternal Punishment Inflicted Upon PSN

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Eternal Punishment Inflicted Upon PSN

The second Persona game to be localized is returning from whatever dark realm it vanished into over a decade ago. It's not exactly in the format some might be hoping for, but it is welcome nonetheless.

[Link]
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 02-25-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Huh? Not counting the release of Revelations: Persona on PSX as a localization?

Edit: Ah, there we go.
    Last edited by Jungyin; 02-25-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungyin View Post
    Huh? Not counting the release of Revelations: Persona on PSX as a localization?

Edit: Ah, there we go.
    Yeah, slight mistake on my part that got fixed. I can't hide my mistakes from you people. You're way too fast.

Coincidence really, I usually check out this site about once in the day, just happened to see the thread before the news was posted on the front page.

On topic: it's nice to see we at least got this, last I checked the prices on eBay were pretty high.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I have to agree, at least we got this.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Really pumped about this news. Been a while since I could sink my teeth into a psx rpg that I haven't already played. Lots of good psn news lately!
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

chaotic neutral observer ironmage's Avatar
    I'm not really happy about mismatched versions. I don't know if EP has a feature that allows you to import a save game from IS, but it's a moot point; there's likely no way for the PSN port to load a PSP save.

But, this is a lot better than nothing, and I'll definitely be adding it to my backlog.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    There was a function to do that for the PSP version of Eternal Punishment. I'm not sure what all transferred over, but from what I heard it was some of the persona from Innocent Sin, and a few other things.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I actually own this game already. I bought it for 30 bucks at a flea market years ago. I swore to never play it until I played the first Persona game, then I found out there was a second Persona 2 game and so I had to play that too. Sadly Persona PSP didn't hook me like I was expecting mostly because of the ridiculous attack ranges that make characters useless in battle sometimes. I do intend to get back to it as soon as my 3DS backlog settles. But with the 3DS games coming and the fact that Fire Emblem has taken hold it may be a while before I finish the Persona games. Probably will still get this on sale at some point even though I own it already.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

WARNING:
    Keep an eye on this thread, because right now the game only works on PS3. Read: No PSP/Vita.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Wow they really do just drop these games onto psn unannounced don't they? I thought it was coming out this spring sometime but its up on psn now. Anyone here played it before? I'm assuming it's well worth the $10 but figured check with my rpgamer people first:P

I didn't enjoy it back thne, but I was a much different gamer then, then I am now
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

I just fired it up yesterday. Put in about 5 hours so far. Love the main baddie, he's completely awesome. Enjoying the story quite a bit, and it's nice to play Persona without the time restraints that 3 and 4 have. But the graphics are dated and look pretty grainy. I mean even for sprites it's pretty bad. The major positive is the way you try to win the affection of the demons in battle, which is a complete blast. I think I will probably put some serious time into this one. As usual the mature themes in the Persona series really set it apart from the kid friendly jrpgs that we usually see in the states. Nice addition to my library.
    Last edited by retrodragon; 02-28-2013 at 06:28 PM.