Thread: First Footage of Rainbow Moon on Vita

First Footage of Rainbow Moon on Vita

Not content to simply announcing a new game, eastasiasoft has released the first footage of its Vita port of Rainbow Moon. Before the company can take to the skies, it has to make it to the moon for a second time.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I'm not sure why they bother with the resources for this. I don't think anyone cares about the game anymore and it will probably flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious View Post
    I'm not sure why they bother with the resources for this. I don't think anyone cares about the game anymore and it will probably flop.
    If anything, I imagine it's a building exercise to help ramp up development for Rainbow Skies, which will be on consoles and handhelds.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

This game was drop dead boring. Moving a bad game to a system no one owns? Not really seeing any strategy here...
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

I never played Rainbow Moon and would love more games for my Vita. But the game itself is bad? Boooo!

C'mom guys, the Vita is a good system. Show it some love with good games, plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurian View Post
    I never played Rainbow Moon and would love more games for my Vita. But the game itself is bad? Boooo!

C'mom guys, the Vita is a good system. Show it some love with good games, plz?
    Yeah seriously. Why is the Vita so slow to get some decent titles? I want FFX HD so bad man
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

They said Soldner X2 din't sell.... This is weird.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

They should remove the microtransactions on Rainbow Moon, then I'd actually start to care about it. But I'd still prefer the console version over the handheld one. =p

If I had a Vita I'd get Ragnarok Odyssey instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    They should remove the microtransactions on Rainbow Moon, then I'd actually start to care about it. But I'd still prefer the console version over the handheld one. =p

If I had a Vita I'd get Ragnarok Odyssey instead.
    Why? Micro-transactions are fully optional.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Why? Micro-transactions are fully optional.
    They made the game extra grindy just so people would get tempted to buy powerups, money, etc.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    I don't think it's as deliberate as that. It's not like there's too much to do outside the grindy stuff anyway so I'm guessing at least part of the idea was inspired for Disgaea-style grinding towards big numbers in the post-game but didn't work as well as hoped. I don't recall the game ever rubbing it advertising wise that you can buy the DLC (from memory and not inclined to check), and you never needed it complete the main quest (admittedly I did grind a bit for the final boss but it's not exactly any worse than a lot of other RPGs I've seen) so I'm inclined to believe it's more "eh, if people actually want to pay us money for this, why not?" rather than "hey, let's get people to pay money for this!"
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I dunno, if they weren't allowed to put Mictrotransactions then developers would care more about the game being less grindy and more interesting.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retrodragon View Post
    This game was drop dead boring. Moving a bad game to a system no one owns? Not really seeing any strategy here...
    "no one owns" is going a bit far, and niche and indy developers don't seem to have any aversion to the platform.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Rya, I have played RPGs that were grindy and boring without having micro-transactions. Sometimes these games just happen, unfortunately.

Yeah but there's still a difference between someone being a "at least he tried" game designer and someone intentionally making the game grindy and boring to force players to buy exp and ingame money for real money to make it less boring. And Rainbow Moon felt more like the latter to me.