Thread: An Introduction to Martian Combat

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

An Introduction to Martian Combat

A new video has been released showcasing the combat in Mars War Logs. Check inside to see the various offensive options on offer, plus copious amounts of rolling.

[ Storée ]
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Looks like Fable 3 gameplay with deeper customization options.

Looks like crap, will probably buy at some point. I'm too curious not to try these games at some point.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Probably a pass for me... stuck as a specific character without being able to choose gender and other physical characteristics seems dated and behind the times.

Looks like an interesting concept... but a wasted opportunity.

stuck as a specific character without being able to choose gender and other physical characteristics seems dated and behind the times.
    Really? Gee, I consider that one of the most luxurious and unnecessary options in gaming. It's a nice cherry on top of the sundae, but I wouldn't toss out the entire sundae if it didn't have one.

I generally love sci-fi rpg's and get into them really easy, but for some reason this game is just not pulling me in. Combat looks kind of flat. If the story turns out really strong then I might be interested, but so far everything I've seen feels lackluster. Course, still too early to totally jump ship lol
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    Probably a pass for me... stuck as a specific character without being able to choose gender and other physical characteristics seems dated and behind the times.
    Wow, this kind of surprise me. I don't see having specific characters dated at all, I think it is one of many ways to make games. Sometimes it good to be able to have customizable characters, but in my own personal opinion, my favorite games tend to be main characters that have their own personality traits, strengths and weakness. I don't think characters like Cloud, Fei, etc. would produce the same positive feelings and perspective I have for them if I was able to control their personality and traits like you can do with, say, like a Commander Shepard.

I think there is room for both type of games though and would feel sad to see either type would become obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    Really? Gee, I consider that one of the most luxurious and unnecessary options in gaming. It's a nice cherry on top of the sundae, but I wouldn't toss out the entire sundae if it didn't have one.
    I absolutely agree with this. I like the option, but it's never necessary.

It seems to go by genre for me.... with JRPG-like games, I don't mind the pre-defined character. But with WRPG-style, I find myself less and less interested in games without customizability.

I prefer preset characters (presuming I still control everything they do as soon as the game starts, like The Nameless One and JC Denton), but I can sympathize with people who like to create their own characters, ore just want to play a character that represents their own gender/race.

That combat video looks pretty bad but I'm hoping it'll have something to offer in terms of plot reactivity and an interesting setting. Probably not though.

It looks OK I guess.
    I think I would rather replay Amalur, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    It looks OK I guess.
    I think I would rather replay Amalur, though.
    AH! That reminds me I need to finish that game. Put in like a million hours trying to get platinum and then forgot about it lol. Worth finishing?
    Playing: Wild Arms 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Star Ocean First Departure
    www.retrodragon.wordpress.com