Thread: First Gameplay Footage of Shadowrun Returns

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

First Gameplay Footage of Shadowrun Returns

Another big name Kickstater game is nearing the finish line. This time it's Shadowrun Returns. This first gameplay video shows that the team at Harebrained Schemes didn't take all that Kickstater money and flee to Tijuana.

-GAMEPLAY VIDEO
    Last edited by risingsun; 03-08-2013 at 02:10 PM.

I'm happy with the way all of my backed kickstarter projects are progressing.

The AI needs some finetuning wich is evident by this footage. On the other hand, they have time to fix that, so I'm not really worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    I'm happy with the way all of my backed kickstarter projects are progressing.

The AI needs some finetuning wich is evident by this footage. On the other hand, they have time to fix that, so I'm not really worried.
    I'm overall very happy with how Shadowrun Returns is shaping up, too. I'm sure they will continue to fine tune AI and possibly the character animations as well. Really, my only significant disappointment is that there apparently won't be lootable corpses; at least not at launch.

HBS has stated on the SU forums that "Corpse looting involves a loot system and associated systems that interact with it. As much as we wanted one and designed one, we don't have the funding to implement it in this version of the game. If we'd done like the SNES and Sega games and gave you one PC/character class and no race choices to play, we might have had time for it. We invested in giving you ownership of your character, knowing that we could add things like that down the road if the game were successful."

So here's hoping that many more people buy this game so that we can get some more "little" things that will add to the experience. I can live without voice acting, but there's so many game mechanics we sort of take for granted in AAA titles and I want this game to be a huge success so that we can have them all. And maybe we'll even get a sequel with a bigger budget a few years down the road.
    Last edited by daveyd; 03-09-2013 at 08:01 AM.

I've never played a game quite like this one.
    But it looks pretty cool.

Starting to get real excited about this. Combat reminds me a bit of XCOM but more fast and loose with more action points and less reliance on cover. I'm a lazy chump but hopefully some awesome extra stuff comes out of giving folks the editor for me to play on top.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass