Thread: Climb Pandora's Tower In April

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Climb Pandora's Tower In April

No matter how hard they try, retailers just don't have the power to set game release dates. Have a trailer in return for waiting until April to play Pandora's Tower.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Currently the only game I've got on pre-order (I don't pre-order much). Its the least interesting of the Operation Rainfall titles for me, but mostly grabbing it as a thank-you to XSEED.

I had been confused when my preorder was "changed" by Amazon but I figured that Amazon had made up a release date. I don't have time for it this month anyway so it's not a big deal to me to get it in April.

Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    Currently the only game I've got on pre-order (I don't pre-order much). Its the least interesting of the Operation Rainfall titles for me, but mostly grabbing it as a thank-you to XSEED.
    It's my favorite of the three, personally. I think it might surprise you, but just do yourself a favor and go into it without thinking it's going to be another game like Xenoblade and Last Story. Because it's definitely not. It's a very different style of game in every way -- different type of story, different gameplay, different game design philosophy altogether. It's easy for people to group the three OpRainfall games together because of... well... OpRainfall, but the fact is, the three games were all developed by wildly different studios with wildly different intentions. The only commonality among them is that they're all on Wii and they were all published by Nintendo in Europe.

So yeah... when you play it, judge it on its own merits. Don't go into it with preconceptions based on the other OpRainfall titles -- go into it aware that it's a very different game, and try to appreciate it for what it is. And if you do that, I think you'll find it to be an incredibly unique and enjoyable experience.

-Tom
    Last edited by Wyrdwad; 03-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.