Thread: Devil Survivor's European Invasion Ahead of Schedule

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Devil Survivor's European Invasion Ahead of Schedule

It seems calculating when a demonic invasion of Tokyo will occur can be pretty difficult, especially when it is being done from the other side of the planet in Europe. Europeans now have a little less time to prepare before the demons come knocking on their doors.

[Link]

Does anyone actually care whether they ever distribute DS2, which game fans of the series have no doubt already imported by now? I don't think I'm alone in hoping that they focus on the upcoming 3DS SMT games, which are bound by region restrictions.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Well, I haven't imported it so yes I do :P I had peripheral interest in both Devil Survivor games, but not enough to bother with importing when I've had enough to play already and then when Overclocked was announced for Europe I decided to play that first either way so I'm at the point if it's available here then sure, have some money.

What amuses me (not in a good way) is that people are saying Ghostlight should just "hold on to the translation" from DS2 for Break Code (the 3DS remake), as though that'll have any effect on how quickly it might get released in Europe. Think there's been enough interest to release it, but it will be an more limited, CE-focused run than usual.
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 03-15-2013 at 05:04 AM.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

To what extent does Ghostlight actually do translations? I always assumed they just distributed the English versions and Europeans just had to suck it up.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drav View Post
    To what extent does Ghostlight actually do translations? I always assumed they just distributed the English versions and Europeans just had to suck it up.
    Yeah, they use the US translations (same with how XSEED has used NoE's for Last Story/Pandora's Tower). Quite simply I believe they're too small to do it themselves and it's very unlikely worth the cost, both time-wise and implementation-wise, if they did have the resources anyway. Most of the time spent will be due to licencing negotiations/rating/testing, which includes coding stuff that the JP developers will have to do for the European release too but I don't know much, if anything, about the particulars on those.
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 03-15-2013 at 05:15 AM.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)