Thread: Staff Review - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar

Staff Review - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Well, blow my cartridges and call me a 64-pin connector! There's a third Neptunia game? I wonder how it is? Remember, it's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed.

Read the review here here

The game will review you here
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Thanks for your detailed review.
    I am sad to hear it is a step down in terms of gameplay.
    I did enjoy mk.2 and had high hopes for Victory.

I was half-expecting this site and others, to have a low score for these types of games. Either the reviewer likes the style, or he/she does not.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I was half-expecting this site and others, to have a low score for these types of games. Either the reviewer likes the style, or he/she does not.
    While that can certainly happen that the reviewers taste effects their score of game, there's nothing to support such claims in this case, quite the opposite in fact.

First, the reviewer here states that they really enjoyed the 2nd game in the series and was looking forward to this one (I'm assuming that by "these types of games" you mean other games in the series). Second, in the synopsis, the reviewer actually states that they enjoyed the game and recommends it for folks looking for a fun, easy JRPG, however they couldn't justify giving a good score because of the flaws they found.

On the review: I still haven't played the 2nd game, but I'm hoping to check it out once the price drops. Sorry to see this one wasn't as solid.
    Last edited by SpaceLion; 03-16-2013 at 12:30 AM.